forum

[Archived] Is there any web BSS? or Portable BSS

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
arviejhay
Problem Details:
i'm having trouble uploading my new map because it always shows error during upload.
My question is that if there any way to upload a beatmap to BSS without uploading it in game? like a web page or program that will use my account then upload it to osu! without going to in game to upload it.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20151124.1cuttingedge
XinCrin
Nope but I would love if someone makes something for this.
TheVileOne
The error during update usually indicates a server side error. I'm not sure exactly what kinds of errors can trigger the generic error messagebox with no display. It might be caused by the beatmap itself or some random issue server side with BSS. Could you provide your Network.log for us? Don't want to rule out it being a connection issue either.
jms8720
I'm having a similar issue, except I'm on beta: "Error during upload: ."
The upload also seems to be unreasonably slow; what used to take me a minute now takes me 5.
I tried renaming my diff, deleting it and updating it with a new one, and even changing update streams to stable to see if it was a client glitch, but no dice. Thing is, updating other beatmaps isn't much of a problem, it just seems to be this one. EDIT: An attempt to upload a new beatmap failed with the same error, showing that it's not a problem with just one map.
Trosk-

arviejhay wrote:

Problem Details:
i'm having trouble uploading my new map because it always shows error during upload.
My question is that if there any way to upload a beatmap to BSS without uploading it in game? like a web page or program that will use my account then upload it to osu! without going to in game to upload it.
Try to upload it from the Stable (Fallback) release stream and see if you can upload it properly. After that, change to a new build (Stable Latest, Beta or CE) and see if you can update the map from there. This is usually working for the users with this problems. I'm not sure what's happening with this to be honest, it seems a bit odd.
Gravey-
I have the same problem and this is my thread post about it

t/388637

Still not fixed~ I'm still having the problem and i tried different methods to fix it but it won't work at all
Topic Starter
arviejhay
TheVileOne
Seems like you are experiencing BSS timeouts. Fallback wouldn't have such changes in it, so it would probably work on fallback as others have stated.
Rivals_7
This is also happening to me but The BSS issues probably just for the Beatmaps that include video.

Because I can update the other beatmaps that doesn't include Video just fine.
Topic Starter
arviejhay
@TheVileOne
I change the version to stable (fallback) and it occurs the same problem (BSS timeout), https://www.dropbox.com/s/kmqpb0trqj5t4 ... a.PNG?dl=0

i upload my new map to the internet cafe (the osu! version is stable(fallback)) and after it reaches to distributing network, it shows an error "An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host" then the BSS automatically closes. I check my profile and it shows an activity that i submit my new map https://osu.ppy.sh/s/381752 and when i check in the beatmap's thread, it shows a message that the requested topic doesn't exist.

This is the only map that i having trouble updating, while my other map update works fine

Tomorrow i will update the map in the internet cafe with the materials like Storyboard, BG, hitsound using fallback, latest and beta and see if there's any errors while uploading.
VeilStar
Could you try to submit again and let us know how that goes? If the same issue occurs again please provide your network.log file again.
TheVileOne
I think stable just endlessly updates instead of timing out. If it's timing out, the most likely reason is that it's just taking an unusually slow time to send and receive packets. It took 8 seconds according to your network log, which is a lot... Your upload speeds may be just incredibly slow for some reason.
Topic Starter
arviejhay
I have good news and bad news guys!
I have successfully submit/update my new map but it creates another submission (https://osu.ppy.sh/u/145871 check my beatmaps)
I use stable (latest) to submit it and it works.

The bad news is that i can't provide a network.log because this internet cafe is on restrictions.
The errors occur in fallback and cutting edge, i didn't try beta.
TheVileOne
There's nothing special about Stable (latest) and cutting edge.