forum

[Archived] osu!mania addKey function modification

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
higurush
Problem Details:
I started playing osu!mania and what I have found out is the osu!mania addKey function is actually wrong in sense of "starting out as a beginner". The function adds new keys from the inside of the existing keys, not the outside.

0: white, 1: pink, S: special
4K: 0110 ; 5K: 01S10
6K: 010010; 7K: 010S010
8K: 01011010; 9K: 0101S1010

So when I switch from 4K to 7K i am sometimes confused on what to press since the color shematics changed so much and the different colors are linked to different fingers this way. I think from the perspective of how easily you can get into different key difficulties, the addKey function is wrong. It took me some time to get used to this switching, but I still make mistakes because of this.

Also I know about the skin solution to this, but I think this would benefit the new players to osu! who don't even know about the possibility of skinning.
Or you should add a new option to the options section to switch between the 2 keysetup modes.

(The new one is more piano-like.)
Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20151121.2 (latest)
(Bit of a get-around of the rarely browsed feature request section, but this will probably go into the invalid, duplicate or whatever section. Worth a try tho.)
RvNovae
yeah, this doesn't really belong here.