forum

[resolved] How to take screenshots?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
WeebKiller420_old
Problem Details:
I like the fact that the game runs in borderless fullscreen window, but I can't use my usual screencap software like gyazo, and it seems ridiculous to break out OBS for a simple screenshot. Just wondering if there's a built in screenshot tool :)

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20151016.8 (latest)
VeilStar
Press F12 in-game to take a screenshot. It'll be saved in the Screenshots folder inside the osu! installation folder. SHIFT+F12 also takes and saves a screenshot, but uploads it to the osu! servers and opens a link to it in your browser in addition to that. It's quite handy if you want to share a screenshot of something quickly. If F12 doesn't work , check your keybindings (found in the options menu), as you may have changed it.
Topic Starter
WeebKiller420_old
Thank you so much :)
PolygonFruits
sorry to revive this thread but my Windows + PrtScrn is delayed and broken with osu. does that affect the F12 and Shift + F12 shortcuts aswell?
Death

PolygonFruits wrote:

sorry to revive this thread but my Windows + PrtScrn is delayed and broken with osu. does that affect the F12 and Shift + F12 shortcuts aswell?
Probably not? Windows + PrtScn seems like it's from a completely different application. Why don't you try Shift+F12 and find out yourself? it should only take a second.
Nik Iki

Death wrote:

PolygonFruits wrote:

Probably not? Windows + PrtScn seems like it's from a completely different application. Why don't you try Shift+F12 and find out yourself? it should only take a second.

I have the same problem and f12 doesn't work
Death

Nik Iki wrote:

Death wrote:

PolygonFruits wrote:

I have the same problem and f12 doesn't work
F12 takes a picture and saves it in your screenshots folder, Shift+F12 does that and automatically uploads it. That should work unless you rebound the screenshot key OR you bound something else to F12. Windows + PtnScn doesn't work likely because the game is fullscreen (which causes issues in general when trying to take pictures).
ukjay
so sorry to revive this again but i need help with finding the screenshots i took with f12 ....idk i cant find it when i double click it just opens the app
- Marco -

ukjay wrote:

so sorry to revive this again but i need help with finding the screenshots i took with f12 ....idk i cant find it when i double click it just opens the app
The screenshots are stored on the Screenshots folder inside the main folder of osu! (default is C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Local\osu!)

If you need help please Write a new topic
Corne2Plum3

ukjay wrote:

Please do not post on old threads, create a new one instead