forum

[Archived] Wacom Intuos Draw (CTL-490) Input lag

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
sebzon
Hi, I changed from Wacom Intuos Pen ctl-480 to Wacom Intuos Draw ctl-490 and I have some input lag with the ctl-490. :(

Anyone knows if that's just how the ctl-490 is or can I fix it? :D
Trosk-
Well, I don't know if the CTL 490 has input lag at the moment or not, but I guess it's not supposed to have it. Keep in mind that it's a relatively new model, so, probably is not really optimized at the moment, and that could be the cause of the input lag (if it's happening in Windows, and not o nly in osu!).

Usually input latency in tablets are caused because of the drivers, so, you could try to change to a different version of them and see if it works better.
Topic Starter
sebzon
Do you know where I can find older drivers? :D
Trosk-

sebzon wrote:

Do you know where I can find older drivers? :D
https://www.wacom.asia/en/tablet-driver ... 18&tid=162
Topic Starter
sebzon
The only driver that's working with this tablet is the 6.3.14-1, :? Can it be Windows 7 that's doing it? Or should I just wait untill they patch it?
[ Proteus ]
Yea I recently got the CTL490 and I'm getting some kind of lag and although it may be small, it's pretty noticeable when playing osu, one thing I did do that sort of fixed it was reinstalling the drivers but then after maybe around 20 mins, it went back to lagging. Not sure what to do after :/
Moooo_old_1
same here
Muzyy
i think the tablet is bad , i have the same tablet and same bug
Trosk-

Muzyy wrote:

i think the tablet is bad , i have the same tablet and same bug
Since it's a new model, probably they will release a new version of the drivers optimizing this... I think the best thing you could do is to report these problems to Wacom.
Maldenarus
have the ctl490 draw and up until no did not notice any lag. Maybe if i can play faster maps i might notice something but with the current drivers there is nothing that prevents me from playing with said tablet.
Muzyy

Maldenarus wrote:

have the ctl490 draw and up until no did not notice any lag. Maybe if i can play faster maps i might notice something but with the current drivers there is nothing that prevents me from playing with said tablet.
Do you touch your tablet with your pen ?
Maldenarus

Muzyy wrote:

Do you touch your tablet with your pen ?
nope. Hoovering. It´s tricky and I´m working on improvement but dragging felt to slow. The only issue is the distance of the pen from the tablet. I don`t have much room for error. If i go to high the tablet doesn´t register but i think there are 1-1.5 cm height in which it registers correctly.
Muzyy
what did you do for install the tablet ,the drivers and probably more ?
for to know what I did wrong
Maldenarus
Installed it like it was said in the installation manual. I connected it, windows said unknown device. Then i used the cd with 6.3.14-1 driver. Install - Restart -> voila. . Then i made a profile for osu use only with deactivated Pen nib, and my preffered settings regarding area etc. and went on using it. I upgraded recently to 6.3.15-1 from wacom website.
Up until now nothing suggested to me or felt like that there might be input lag.
on a side note i use win10 pro 64bit and raw input in osu enabled.
ow0
rip Input lag
oam
Just received this one yesterday, there's definitely still some input lag. However, most of it seems to disappear while draggin instead of hovering the pen. This confirms it's a driver issue, not a hardware one.
Muzyy

oamaok wrote:

Just received this one yesterday, there's definitely still some input lag. However, most of it seems to disappear while draggin instead of hovering the pen. This confirms it's a driver issue, not a hardware one.
yea the problem is the driver , but how much time we need to wait for repair the problem
oam
I'm currently working on an open source driver, I've already reversed the USB packets. Let's hope I can get it working.
PamlaNL
oam
That only disables some Window's services, the issue is within the wacom driver.
show more