forum

[Archived] A miss the game didn't count

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
LastExceed
http://imgur.com/a/gJdwx
Here are 2 scoreboards of https://osu.ppy.sh/b/651992 (both by me)
The first one was my old highscore, which is a proper FC
The second one is my new highscore, which contains a miss the game did not count.
(I realized while playing that I didn't press down a key but only touched it a little, a normal mistake by me. Note that the game even played the "miss" sound!)
I combo broke like I should have, but on the score screen the miss isn't shown. You can see that the combo is way lower than FC, with a difference too big to be caused by releasing sliders too early.
The mistake is clearly visible in the replay and I can provide both replay files if necessary.
I really don't know if I took any advantage of this bug since I still combo broke.

osu! version: 20150924.4beta
Kyozoru
what do you mean?
Topic Starter
LastExceed
what do you mean?
Both scoreboards look like a FC at first sight, but the second one has a way lower combo than the first one, which is impossible. I made a miss which is clearly visible in the replay but the game didn't count it.
Kyozoru
maybe you played in multiplayer and you failed?
Bauxe
You don't need to miss to break your combo in mania, letting go of a LN breaks your combo without giving you a miss.
Topic Starter
LastExceed
maybe you played in multiplayer and you failed?
Nope, I was definitely not playing online.

You don't need to miss to break your combo in mania, letting go of a LN breaks your combo without giving you a miss.
In that case I would have gotten a 50, which I also don't have any of.
Bauxe
Can you share the replay?
Topic Starter
LastExceed
Can you share the replay?
Sure sec

EDIT: oops I watched it again, there is actually a slider, although I am very sure that it wasn't the D key, but the K key I didn't press properly.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oi60d5otlb27l ... a.osr?dl=0
Kyozoru
Then the first one maybe you played online then this second one you played is not online so it didn't count...
Topic Starter
LastExceed
I rarely, if ever play online.
TheVileOne
You hit the slider too late and broke your slider. You still hit the slider, so it wasn't a miss.

Edit: Hmm I've looked at your replay several times. I'm going to see exactly what is going on there. I'm not sure exactly what is happening. You missed very early on and very briefly and you got a 200 for that slider.
Topic Starter
LastExceed
I thought a slider break us always a 50, but i have no 50's...
colecodez
Sorry to dig up an old thread but I believe this issue to be unresolved. I have StreamCompanion overlay so I can see live my 300 / 100 / 50 / miss counts and can verify I regularly see combo breaks (not slider breaks) not count any misses. I see this so regularly that I thought it was some part of the scoring system that I do not understand.

On this example max combo is 637x, there were misses halfway through the play yet it shows 0x.

Just trying to understand if this is valid or not.
Dntm8kmeeatu
Please make a new thread.

Export the replay with F2 while viewing the score and upload it somewhere.

But in your example, what looks to be your stream overlay shows 0 misses as well, so do you have any examples where the numbers don't add up? Either way it's a third party program and also Replays are not 100% accurate. So a live recording example would be the most helpful.