This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Cymbal Sounder
48 posts
This only works for Taiko and Osu!mania.

I thought it would be interesting if you can add this for the game :D
Last edited by - K I R I T O - on , edited 1 time in total.
Beat Clicker
74 posts
- K I R I T O - wrote:
This only works for Taiko, Osu!mania and CTB

I can't see that working with CTB, slicing the screen both vertically and horizontally would greatly affect gameplay.
Horizontal slicing: you can see less falling fruit
Vertical slicing: the playing field would need to be shrinked which would in term make movement of the catcher awkward.

The other 2 modes could work though.
Cymbal Sounder
48 posts
LukaXD wrote:
- K I R I T O - wrote:
This only works for Taiko, Osu!mania and CTB

I can't see that working with CTB, slicing the screen both vertically and horizontally would greatly affect gameplay.
Horizontal slicing: you can see less falling fruit
Vertical slicing: the playing field would need to be shrinked which would in term make movement of the catcher awkward.

The other 2 modes could work though.

Oh, thanks :D
Rhythm Incarnate
3,402 posts
Osu!mania already supports this through the dreaded co-op mod.
Cymbal Sounder
48 posts
abraker wrote:

co-op isn't VS mode -w-
Rhythm Incarnate
3,402 posts
- K I R I T O - wrote:
abraker wrote:

co-op isn't VS mode -w-
Oh... then I see potential ghosting problems on non-mechs. This would be feasible only for 4 keys on normal keyboards, and yet you will miss at least 2 notes on full chords.
Rhythm Incarnate
12,614 posts
Uhmm
Can be fine
But what Abraker said, not many keyboards can properly handle this
Rhythm Incarnate
552 posts
Hmm... Split Screen → two players playing on one desktop → two accounts on one IP → potential violation of ToS due to multi-accounting.

I don't see how you're going to get your wish.
Combo Commander
310 posts
Minhtam wrote:
Hmm... Split Screen → two players playing on one desktop → two accounts on one IP → potential violation of ToS due to multi-accounting.

I don't see how you're going to get your wish.

By splitscreen, it seems mostly like it will be unranked and on the same account...? OR you would kindof "spectate" the other one while you play and his game would appear on the other side of the screen.

for standard and CTB is could be a little square in a corner of the screen, also.
Spinner Sage
167 posts
Most likely, Player 1 would be the account logged on and Player 2 would just be a guest, like how Mario Kart Wii's 2-Player online mode handled it.

I would definitely want this mode as well so both players can do the same (or different) 4K charts without having to make an 8K chart designed specifically for Co-Op.

Another thing is that joysticks are supported for osu!mania, so there would be no input problems like the keyboard beeping and not registering inputs if more than 2 keys are pressed.
Cymbal Sounder
48 posts
31Gabe wrote:
Most likely, Player 1 would be the account logged on and Player 2 would just be a guest, like how Mario Kart Wii's 2-Player online mode handled it.

I would definitely want this mode as well so both players can do the same (or different) 4K charts without having to make an 8K chart designed specifically for Co-Op.

Another thing is that joysticks are supported for osu!mania, so there would be no input problems like the keyboard beeping and not registering inputs if more than 2 keys are pressed.

^+1

Rhythm Incarnate
12,614 posts
That can be fine, as long as keyboards can support that amount of input (7+ keys are someting not many leyboards can handle, due to ghosting)

Edit: 6900th post :)
Rhythm Incarnate
552 posts
Baraatje123 wrote:
That can be fine, as long as keyboards can support that amount of input (7+ keys are someting not many leyboards can handle, due to ghosting)

Edit: 6900th post :)

Oh, that would kill it being a potential option for mania.
Whistle Blower
16 posts
Remyria wrote:
By splitscreen, it seems mostly like it will be unranked and on the same account...? OR you would kindof "spectate" the other one while you play and his game would appear on the other side of the screen..

If this was implemented, this would be the way to go about doing so. There is a problem with Osu!Mania though...
Skin.ini allows you to move the playfield around, so it can cause an error unless there was an override for it.

Taiko, it could be under your playfield and possibly a "P1" and "P2"* could be with it, so you know who is who.

*Sidenote: P1 and P2 could also be swapped to the user's name.

Other than that, there's also the part about it being on the same account.
Unranked seems to be one way about going about it, but there's also the "Spectate" you suggested. That could lead to multiplayer ranked matches.
This refers to what I said about the Skin.ini error, but that would be avoided by the override.
Anyways, one more thing is how to enable it. A 1v1 can be done by simply having only 2 slots open in a multiplayer match, one for you and the other person.
But multiplayer lobbies support up to 16 people, so maybe a toggle when your making a new lobby could be added.
Example: https://gyazo.com/487b28cb0319b6e05f64a3ad1262f8ec
(Sorry for my poor MS Paint skills)

Anyways, this is a pretty interesting idea. I'd really like to see this in Osu! sometime! :)
Combo Commander
371 posts
I actually posted this idea a few months ago, but it got lost...

Anyway i think for mania it would be hard to implement due to the ghosting thing, but for taiko it should be doable.

In my opinion the best way to solve the multiplayer problem would be if p1 would be logged in and get ranked scores as usual, while p2 is just a guest doing unranked plays. The previously mentioned example of mario kart wii is exactly what i am thinking about.

The second player would simply take up another slot in the room and particilate like everybody else, with the only difference being his score not counting (obvious because he is just a guest/not logged in).

Definitely want!
Reply 19 posts jump | 1, 2  next