forum

[Archived] Video Frame Rate Drop Issues

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ratchet120893
Problem Details: Ever since the last update, the last few maps I have downloaded have a really poor frame rate stability and this causes a lag in game play as well as the background video to skip around a lot. I have checked the individual video files outside of Osu and didn't have a problem with them skipping around at all, and once the video is disabled, the game play doesn't have much of a problem. This has happened with both newer maps and maps I have had for over a year. Im not too sure as far as how to upload a video to these posts, but if you go through my profile, it is my last played song and I even have the replay data saved

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20150901 (latest)
RvNovae
I guess this is a problem concerning your processing power.
If it works well without video then I'd recommend you to have it disabled.
If you really want to play with video then switching the release stream could solve the problem, but as stated above: It could be the case that your pc just can't handle it.
TheVileOne
Sounds like a random effect caused by updating that is probably fixed itself by now. Nothing has changed that could cause this in the stable release. Feel free to try the cutting edge build as it will probably run better anyways.