forum

[Archived] osu! detects "tablet right click" as "left click"

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
-Atri-
Problem Details:
Tablet: CTL 680

When i was in editor mode, i tried to end the slider by right clicking on my pen, but instead, it adds a new slider anchor point
But it's a little bit fine when playing

However, it has a little chance that osu detects as "right click" but when i have to "right click" a many times

Trust me, i am pressing the right click as much as i can
(It's working fine on mouse)

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
Chinese only D: sorry
But it means "Right click"

To show you right click is working outside osu! :

osu! version: 20150901 (latest)
NeVMiku
That happens often with me too.

My theory is that because Wacom tablet pens doesn't use a battery and uses a magnetic field to detect an action so when a change in the magnetic field is detected whether it is intentional or not, it will be executed.

For example, if I'm scrolling down a web page by pressing the lower button of the pen and dragging it upwards, occasionally I will get a right click out of nowhere. Assuming a right click is when the MF is "flicked" in a certain direction thus when I was "flicking" my pen upwards it sometimes results in a right click. I could not replicate the problem clearly but it is there as it happens to me many times and is also the reason why I use the scroll bar when using my tablet.

So blame it on Wacom and not osu!...

Also because of this, I use mouse to do everything other than playing... lol.
Topic Starter
-Atri-
sorry for late reply, but...

It's not tablet/pen's fault on this, i set my "right clicks" on my tablet button, and it's working outside osu, and i removed all of my profiles

Besides, mouse is working fine, so the only think i could think of osu!'s problem
VeilStar

By the way, isn't the express view uses solely for the tablet (not the pen) buttons?
I don't see how osu! could cause this. Are you sure you don't have a separate profile/application settings for osu!, where this isn't applied?
Topic Starter
-Atri-
I think i showed you before

As you can see, there's no other profile other than "all"

Also, "右鍵單響" means right click
TheVileOne
I'm pretty sure your tablet pen has left button held down (maybe triggered on contact?), which just happens to nullify right clicks in the editor. I believe I can fix the issue, but I will need to regression test the behaviour. You've never been able to activate the other mouse button mid drag.