forum

Other games similar to CtB.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
sovy
I'm talking about the game mode, not osu! as a whole.

Probably the ones I could relate the most and that I've personally played are: 1) AudioSurf which I picked up back when it was release in 2008. The idea of catching things is its modus operandi but differs vastly based on difficulty (number of colors available to catch) and the catcher you use. Also, the songs you play will create the map you'll drive through, something very unique of its own. Mastering the hardest catchers is probably the most sublime feeling when playing the game.

Random play from a friend from a while back. He's still among the top players.

And 2) Super Hexagon. Probably the most skill-driven of the both in terms of reading and reaction. The game speaks for itself. Just watching the official trailer gives me the shivers. Music is amazing too.

So, have you guys played any games similar to CtB?
PakaChan
Well, if Super Hexagon counts then i suppose this is kinda similar:

You're a yellow ball and you try to get to the end of each stage without falling off or hitting something that kills you. Kinda like ctb relax since you use the mouse.
Levels are in reverse order meaning level 2 is second to last. It starts slow and the speed increases with each level, kinda boring in the beginning i guess. Here's one of the earlier levels for comparison.

Once you complete the game you unlock 2 options, one that doubles stage length and one that increases your speed. They kinda act like mods in ctb. (tho you can get them early with cheats)
iiyo

PakaChan wrote:

Well, if Super Hexagon counts then i suppose this is kinda similar:

You're a yellow ball and you try to get to the end of each stage without falling off or hitting something that kills you. Kinda like ctb relax since you use the mouse.
Levels are in reverse order meaning level 2 is second to last. It starts slow and the speed increases with each level, kinda boring in the beginning i guess. Here's one of the earlier levels for comparison.

Once you complete the game you unlock 2 options, one that doubles stage length and one that increases your speed. They kinda act like mods in ctb. (tho you can get them early with cheats)
wtf that game made me trip out hardcore it's like if banjo kazooie took acid and turned into small fuzzballs and did circles n shit
Constantine
JiruPiru
Malody Kappa
Buster

DilPil111 wrote:

Malody Kappa
dont revive old threads
Golterboose
Well it is kinda revived now anyway cause I am actually curious if anyone actually did find any games that is similar to osu!catch. i would play the life out of that XD
autofanboy
fruit ninja
o x

alienflybot wrote:

fruit ninja
I second this
Golterboose
XD I third it, sounds legit
PakaChan

DilPil111 wrote:

Malody Kappa
Why the kappa , it's the only game i've found similar, even if it's pretty dead.
Wouldn't recommend though since it kinda messes your muscle memory up
FuZ
Kimitakari

FuZ wrote:

What
o x

FuZ wrote:

Relax mod?
Rurree

FuZ wrote:

Perfect
PakaChan