forum

AZU - For You

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
OrangeYouGlad
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Saturday, September 12, 2015 at 12:47:29 AM

Artist: AZU
Title: For You
Source: NARUTO - ナルト 疾風伝
Tags: Naruto Shippuden Ending For You AZU
BPM: 88
Filesize: 7757kb
Play Time: 01:27
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (1 stars, 50 notes)
  2. Hard (2.36 stars, 148 notes)
  3. Insane (3.49 stars, 219 notes)
  4. Normal (1.59 stars, 108 notes)
Download: AZU - For You
Download: AZU - For You (no video)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
KASUM1
Hello~! As request from my queue

[General]
Your bg should be 1366x768

[Insane]
00:26:243 (5,7) - stack these for better pattern
00:58:629 (1,7) - ^

That's all

[Hard]
00:13:288 (6) - I think you should end slider here 00:13:970 -
00:29:652 (4) - ^ ends here 00:30:334 -
00:56:583 (3,1) - stack

[Normal]
00:16:015 (3) - ends here 00:16:697 - add a circle on the red tick
00:24:197 (3) - ends here 00:24:879 - ^
01:19:425 (4,3) - overlap?

I can't mod easy

Your map is good

About the sliders, maybe the slider tick sounds good too that was a suggestion

Short mod but I hope it helps ♥
Topic Starter
OrangeYouGlad

KASUM1 wrote:

Hello~! As request from my queue

[General]
Your bg should be 1366x768 Will look into this one. Thanks ~

[Insane]
00:26:243 (5,7) - stack these for better patternI ended up removing this circle since the slider afterwards doesnt continue to follow the lyrics. I think this flows a little better. Thanks for the suggestion!
00:58:629 (1,7) - ^Change made!

That's all

[Hard]
00:13:288 (6) - I think you should end slider here 00:13:970 - Done
00:29:652 (4) - ^ ends here 00:30:334 - Done
00:56:583 (3,1) - stack Done

[Normal]
00:16:015 (3) - ends here 00:16:697 - add a circle on the red tick
00:24:197 (3) - ends here 00:24:879 - ^
01:19:425 (4,3) - overlap? Done

I can't mod easy

Your map is good

About the sliders, maybe the slider tick sounds good too that was a suggestion I like the ticks personally. I'll keep the suggestions in mind in case I decide to make future changes.

Short mod but I hope it helps ♥ It did !
Thank you for your time and effort! I hope that you can mod my maps again in the future :)
Green: Change made
Blue: Made a change similar to the idea suggested but not exactly the same
Purple: Might consider in the future
Orange: Confused
Red: Suggestion Rejected
Speed of Snail
Hey, from your M4M.

GENERAL

Combo Colours - Add some grey-scale to your colours. Right now 1 and 3 are way too bright.

Background - I know it's been pointed out, but I'm fairly confident that having a non-standard resolution for your background (stretched) IS un-rankable and it needs to be changed. The easiest is 1366x768. There are a couple other acceptable resolutions but for this picture that would work best, try to get it re-sized or look for one already sized to those dimensions.

EASY

Sliders - Not going to give a time signature, in general the slider shapes in this map are not very nice looking, Try making them either a little less sharp, or make it a harsh corner instead of being a curve with a pinched edge.

Volume - Is it deliberate that the first 10 seconds are at 40% volume while the rest is at 30%? Seems pretty random if it was....

Combo - The NC in this map, while it roughly follows patterns that's not always true, and it doesn't follow a specific time signature either, I'd recommend for simplicity sake redo the NC in the map to "NC every 2 measures (every second large white tick) regardless of the current pattern or combo length.

00:06:470 - (4,5) This pattern involves crossing over an already established slider path which is something I don't like to see in Easy diffs, I'd recommend lowering the 4 slider and rotating it counter-clockwise a little bit to open up the flow path it follows.

00:11:243 - (1,2,3,1,2,1) This entire segment has slightly broken DS. when going for consistency having DS that differs by 0.02 or even 0.03 in either direction is acceptable, but 0.09-0.10 is out of acceptable range, If you need to make the distances exact it's easier to disable grid snapping to make placements perfect.

00:31:016 - (1,1,1,1,1,1) IMO you spend far too long here just having full measure sliders, six in a row, at 88 BPM, which is already slow. Even by Easy standards I would find this incredibly boring, Try to change it. Map it to another track or make shorter sliders, something along those lines.

01:27:606 - (2,3,4) For some reason the spacing isn't the same for these three and it looks weird, make them spaced exactly the same distance from each other. Also 4 is at y:175 while the other two are at y:176, Line them up.

NORMAL

Combo - Much the same about NC

Sliders - Much of the same about the slider shapes.

Sliders - Now it's possible this has changed, however what I've heard is that in Easy and Normal difficulties sliders that repeat more than a single time are not rankable. I've listed the time-stamps below where these are present.
00:21:470
00:29:652

00:01:016 - (1,2,3) DS break here, Actually, not going to mark every DS break, the entire first section (Until 00:09:197) has some pretty random DS in it, Try to fix.

00:01:016 - This entire beginning is a little bit of a difficulty jump from the last diff, I'd suggest picking a few couples of circles and making them a Slider instead.

00:09:879 - (3) Not sure why there is dead air around this circle, the music is still playing the same as it was before and you didn't skip a beat there. this just feels weird to play as there should be something here.

00:12:947 - (2,3) Not going to point out every instance of this, but this is a square pattern so it shouldn't have a curve to it's movement, make sure these two notes are level with each other.

00:16:016 - (3) This is another strange thing I've seen you do quite a bit. There is a strong beat in this slider that goes unnoticed because the slider just passes over it. Maybe in Easy diffs it's fine but in Normal's at least every STRONG beat should be mapped.

My problems with this diff are many repeated instances of the same things I noted before, As I don't want to post a list of weird shapes, DS breaks, NC inconsistencies and Misaligned notes/Blanket errors. I'm just going to keep to the initial examples I noticed and hopefully you can figure out how to apply that to the rest of the map, If you'd like help I'd be more than happy to clarify positions in game.

HARD

Similar issues with slider shapes and NC consistency. DS isn't as big a deal being a Hard but there's still a couple points which should be changed.

Map-Set - How is it that the beginning segment on the Hard is mapped in an easier way than it's mapped in the Normal? It'd make more sense if you switched the two sections as the Normal is a little too hard while the hard is a little bit easier than the rest of the map is. this isn't an issue but it really stands out when the same segment is easier on the harder difficulty of the same song by the same mapper.

I'm going to stop here, Frankly I'm just noticing a lot of the same and I feel these are some basic things that need to be cleared up before you can really focus on fine-tuning. I see a lot of habits that I used to have when I started mapping so I feel like we're quite similar in that regard. If you need any additional help feel free to contact me later.
Underforest
Hello, from my queue

GENERAL

The artist has japanese name "アズ", put this and the current into Romanised Artist.
In the timing, adjust correctly the volume. It's in 40%-30%. Put the volume up
And also, remember adjust the objects in the grid.

EASY

00:06:470 (4) - Flip this slider horizontally
01:27:606 (2,3,4) - Replace this with a slider

That's all with this diff, this very good.

NORMAL

00:01:016 - 00:11:925 - Don't use too much circles and sliders
00:50:106 (1) - It's the same thing like Easy, put something different

I don't see problems either :D

HARD

00:02:379 - Sliders end out of rhythm
00:33:743 - 00:55:561 - Slow, fix it
00:52:833 (4) - Same as Normal

INSANE

00:52:833 (6) - Same as Normal and Hard

Well, sincerely, congratulations to you! Your beatmap is very well beatmaped, so, I don't detected many problems. If I helped you, give me a kudosu. And as gift, "Favorite". Thank you!
Topic Starter
OrangeYouGlad

TheOnlyLeon wrote:

Hey, from your M4M.

GENERAL

Combo Colours - Add some grey-scale to your colours. Right now 1 and 3 are way too bright.Done

Background - I know it's been pointed out, but I'm fairly confident that having a non-standard resolution for your background (stretched) IS un-rankable and it needs to be changed. The easiest is 1366x768. There are a couple other acceptable resolutions but for this picture that would work best, try to get it re-sized or look for one already sized to those dimensions. Aware of the issue same response as before.

EASY

Sliders - Not going to give a time signature, in general the slider shapes in this map are not very nice looking, Try making them either a little less sharp, or make it a harsh corner instead of being a curve with a pinched edge. I think that this one comes down to preference. Right now i like how it is so I'm not going to make any changes.

Volume - Is it deliberate that the first 10 seconds are at 40% volume while the rest is at 30%? Seems pretty random if it was.... Wanted more emphasis on the hit sounds before the melody actually started.

Combo - The NC in this map, while it roughly follows patterns that's not always true, and it doesn't follow a specific time signature either, I'd recommend for simplicity sake redo the NC in the map to "NC every 2 measures (every second large white tick) regardless of the current pattern or combo length.Done

00:06:470 - (4,5) This pattern involves crossing over an already established slider path which is something I don't like to see in Easy diffs, I'd recommend lowering the 4 slider and rotating it counter-clockwise a little bit to open up the flow path it follows. Changed

00:11:243 - (1,2,3,1,2,1) This entire segment has slightly broken DS. when going for consistency having DS that differs by 0.02 or even 0.03 in either direction is acceptable, but 0.09-0.10 is out of acceptable range, If you need to make the distances exact it's easier to disable grid snapping to make placements perfect. Done

00:31:016 - (1,1,1,1,1,1) IMO you spend far too long here just having full measure sliders, six in a row, at 88 BPM, which is already slow. Even by Easy standards I would find this incredibly boring, Try to change it. Map it to another track or make shorter sliders, something along those lines. So far you're the only comment of that nature, I like how it is now will consider changing it in the future.

01:27:606 - (2,3,4) For some reason the spacing isn't the same for these three and it looks weird, make them spaced exactly the same distance from each other. Also 4 is at y:175 while the other two are at y:176, Line them up. Similar changes were made

NORMAL

Combo - Much the same about NC Same as above.

Sliders - Much of the same about the slider shapes. Same as above

Sliders - Now it's possible this has changed, however what I've heard is that in Easy and Normal difficulties sliders that repeat more than a single time are not rankable. I've listed the time-stamps below where these are present. Source? I've got no problem changing this.
00:21:470
00:29:652

00:01:016 - (1,2,3) DS break here, Actually, not going to mark every DS break, the entire first section (Until 00:09:197) has some pretty random DS in it, Try to fix. Done

00:01:016 - This entire beginning is a little bit of a difficulty jump from the last diff, I'd suggest picking a few couples of circles and making them a Slider instead. Will look into this one

00:09:879 - (3) Not sure why there is dead air around this circle, the music is still playing the same as it was before and you didn't skip a beat there. this just feels weird to play as there should be something here.Looked into this one got it play tested. I like the way it sounds. So far no one else has an issue with it so for now I'm going to reject this suggestion

00:12:947 - (2,3) Not going to point out every instance of this, but this is a square pattern so it shouldn't have a curve to it's movement, make sure these two notes are level with each other. Done. However, if it happens as frequently as you suggest, please label more than one in the future.

00:16:016 - (3) This is another strange thing I've seen you do quite a bit. There is a strong beat in this slider that goes unnoticed because the slider just passes over it. Maybe in Easy diffs it's fine but in Normal's at least every STRONG beat should be mapped. White tick is strong beat is still emphasized with a hit sound. I don't think it goes unnoticed.

My problems with this diff are many repeated instances of the same things I noted before, As I don't want to post a list of weird shapes, DS breaks, NC inconsistencies and Misaligned notes/Blanket errors. I'm just going to keep to the initial examples I noticed and hopefully you can figure out how to apply that to the rest of the map, If you'd like help I'd be more than happy to clarify positions in game. Changes were made where necessary no blanket errors were mentioned though.

HARD

Similar issues with slider shapes commented on this and NC consistency will do. DS isn't as big a deal being a Hard but there's still a couple points which should be changed.Please state where if its a large enough issue to be pointed out in a hard difficulty.

Map-Set - How is it that the beginning segment on the Hard is mapped in an easier way than it's mapped in the Normal? It'd make more sense if you switched the two sections as the Normal is a little too hard while the hard is a little bit easier than the rest of the map is. this isn't an issue but it really stands out when the same segment is easier on the harder difficulty of the same song by the same mapper.The focus of the difficulty is no long on 1/2. I dont really see a problem will consider changing it though.

I'm going to stop here, Frankly I'm just noticing a lot of the same and I feel these are some basic things that need to be cleared up before you can really focus on fine-tuning. I see a lot of habits that I used to have when I started mapping so I feel like we're quite similar in that regard. If you need any additional help feel free to contact me later. I feel like the suggestions you made were helpful (mostly above DS and NC ) but I don't think that is a good reason to exclude any "fine-tuning" that you see could be made now. For efficiency in the future if there are reoccuring problems use the general section and list a few examples. If your explanations are clear you shouldn't need to repeat yourself as many times as you did ( especially if they are for the exact same comments for 2 different difficulties). I think this will leave much more room for the fine tuning that you're suggesting while saving you some time.
Thank you for the comments

AlejandroMedia wrote:

Hello, from my queue

GENERAL

The artist has japanese name "アズ", put this and the current into Romanised Artist. Didnt know that thanks!
In the timing, adjust correctly the volume. It's in 40%-30%. Put the volume up Done intentionally
And also, remember adjust the objects in the grid. Done.

EASY

00:06:470 (4) - Flip this slider horizontally Similar change made
01:27:606 (2,3,4) - Replace this with a slider Done

That's all with this diff, this very good.

NORMAL

00:01:016 - 00:11:925 - Don't use too much circles and sliders Second time I got that comment I'll look into making some changes
00:50:106 (1) - It's the same thing like Easy, put something different Its the common point in all the difficulties.

I don't see problems either :D

HARD

00:02:379 - Sliders end out of rhythm Checked with 25% speed, don't hear what you're talking about.
00:33:743 - 00:55:561 - Slow, fix it Not much direction is given here on what to change so I'm not sure what you want from me.
00:52:833 (4) - Same as Normal Same as above

INSANE

00:52:833 (6) - Same as Normal and Hard Same as above

Well, sincerely, congratulations to you! Your beatmap is very well beatmaped, so, I don't detected many problems. If I helped you, give me a kudosu. And as gift, "Favorite". Thank you! This was short, but nevertheless, thank you for your comments
Thank you for your time and effort I hope to see your comments on my maps in the future. Feel free to PM me if you want any clarification on the feedback that I gave.

Green: Change made
Blue: Made a change similar to the idea suggested but not exactly the same
Purple: Might consider in the future
Orange: Confused
Red: Suggestion Rejected
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.