forum

[Archived] Beatmaps not showing up

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
bertwli
Problem Details:
ok so my friend gave me a few beatmaps to my osu and what she did is that she copied the beatmaps (in folders, not osz.files - meaning that she already inserted the beatmaps in the game) and pasted it on my song folder in the osu folder. when i first opened it, the osu app can read the beatmaps, but a few moments later they're gone. i can still find those beatmaps inside my songs folder, but it just doesn't show up in the app. And one more thing that I've realized is when those beatmaps show up in the app, some of my own beatmaps didn't show up. Can someone help me? or should I just download the beatmaps directly from the web? Thanks! :D

osu! version: 20150812.11 (latest)
Trosk-
Make sure that every beatmap has its own folder and there aren't any subfolders into them.
So basicaly, your Songs folder should look like this:

And every beatmap should not have any subfolder into their beatmap folder. osu! can't read subfolders.

Topic Starter
bertwli

Trosk- wrote:

Make sure that every beatmap has its own folder and there aren't any subfolders into them.
So basicaly, your Songs folder should look like this:

And every beatmap should not have any subfolder into their beatmap folder. osu! can't read subfolders.

I have, but it still doesn't pop up on the osu app.
Trosk-

bertwli wrote:

If it's actually ok, press F5 on the beatmap selection score and they should appear.

If they don't appear, you have something wrong for sure. Recheck what I said above and that they are actually on <whateverrouteyouhave>\osu!\Songs, each beatmap with its folder.
Topic Starter
bertwli

Trosk- wrote:

bertwli wrote:

If it's actually ok, press F5 on the beatmap selection score and they should appear.

If they don't appear, you have something wrong for sure. Recheck what I said above and that they are actually on <whateverrouteyouhave>\osu!\Songs, each beatmap with its folder.
It still doesn't work. I'm not quite sure what's wrong, but I guess I just have to re-download those beatmaps right from the web. Thanks anyway!
VeilStar
The permissions of those folder might be messed up then.

Anyhow, why not just download said beatmaps from be website?
BurningPower
I have the same problem and i downloaded them from the osu! website. And when i re-download the map because it's missing i can see them but if i quit they disappear. :/
PS: It's driving me nuts >:(

EDIT1: It only happens with qualified maps.
TheVileOne
There is nothing different about qualified maps except that recently they didn't show up in Ranked Status groups.
anotgee
i cant see any maps i have..
Death
Please do not bump super old posts.

Try pressing F5 and make sure these sliders are correct:

If they are still not appearing make a new thread.