forum

[Archived] My osu! Lags too much! Frame drops too much!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kyozoru
Hey Guys, my osu! lags too much when i'm in game, I even turned off the Detail settings so i thought it would help improve the performance, it still drop frames
I tried OpenGL renderer if it helps, i still get frame drop, last time i was going on 200-400fps, but now i only get 60-120, I also tried the Cutting Edge, but the max fps there is only 60 for me and the frames is getting more and more drops, I updated my graphics card but still the same, I'm on Windows 10, I did overclocking, it helps a little bit but at the moment it experiences lag again. My Graphics card is AMD Radeon HD 7400M Series

If you have solutions, can you help me? >:(
Trosk-
That sounds like your PC is using the integrated GPU instead of the AMD GPU, because you should have getting a better performance with that GPU. Do you have the AMD GPU drivers installed/updated? If not, install/update them please. You can find them here.
Topic Starter
Kyozoru
I already did Install my drivers, i forgot to say that though, Thanks, it's already updated.
Still does lags though...
eugene0420
Maybe osu is not running using the GPU. Try setting osu!.exe to run with your GPU in AMD Catalyst.
Here's a guide for how to do that --> http://en.community.dell.com/support-fo ... t/19474269

Also, make sure your monitor is plugged directly into the gpu instead of motherboard.

See if it works :)
Topic Starter
Kyozoru
But i'm using laptop
eugene0420
Then it's probably the integrated graphics issue. Have you tried force running osu with GPU?

If it still doesn't solve the problem, then your laptop GPU probably doesn't have enough power to run osu. Maybe try turning down resolution or get a laptop cooler so you can overclock more?

Also, make sure shaders are off if it isn't.
Topic Starter
Kyozoru
Helps a little bit when i tried that though 8-)