forum

[resolved] Can't install anymore, Net Framework 3.5 is a burden!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Spudzing
Problem Details:

I'm not a new player, im far from it. this isnt the first time i've installed the game lol.

Okay, so after about an hour of searching for fixes I can safely say nothing is left to work, I'm running a fresh install of windows 8.1 meaning theres is no updates that can be uninstalled and quite frankly no cmd command is going to let me enable/install net framework 3.5 meaning i cannot install osu.

Idk if osu runs without it but if it does I might be able to get a friend to send me his folder, surely the auto updater will work? if anyone has any fixes that doesnt involve uninstalling windows updates or executing cmd commands that would be super duper :D
thanks and love you! <3

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
https://gyazo.com/937c38877652db0ab51d2808c7f7eba5

osu! version: 20150802
Trosk-
Did you try installing NET Framework 4 or higher? Also, do you have any pending updates? If so, install them and try again.

If you have Windows 8.1 there shouldn't be any problem on installing NET Framework.
Topic Starter
Spudzing

Trosk- wrote:

Did you try installing NET Framework 4 or higher? Also, do you have any pending updates? If so, install them and try again.

If you have Windows 8.1 there shouldn't be any problem on installing NET Framework.
Thanks so much for the reply! <3

installing network 4 gives me: "
Microsoft .NET Framework 4 is already a part of this operating system. You do not need to install the .NET Framework 4 redistributable"

I've checked for updates, none are there. :(
Trosk-
Then, have you tried to install osu!? If you tried and it's not working, could you show a screenshot of the error you are getting? Thanks
Topic Starter
Spudzing

Trosk- wrote:

Then, have you tried to install osu!? If you tried and it's not working, could you show a screenshot of the error you are getting? Thanks
When i try to install osu I get this message:
https://gyazo.com/bdd50256707fe6b36092bebee77a11aa

Then if I click install this feature it gets about 99.8% then says this:
https://gyazo.com/937c38877652db0ab51d2808c7f7eba5
Trosk-
What happens if you click on "Skip this installation"? It's weird for it to show you that message since you already have NET Framework 4 installed.
Topic Starter
Spudzing

Trosk- wrote:

What happens if you click on "Skip this installation"? It's weird for it to show you that message since you already have NET Framework 4 installed.
nothing, it closes and nothing happens :'(
Trosk-
Could you download the installer from here, rename it to "osu!.exe", move it into a new and empty folder, run it and see if it makes any difference?
Topic Starter
Spudzing

Trosk- wrote:

Could you download the installer from here, rename it to "osu!.exe", move it into a new and empty folder, run it and see if it makes any difference?
None at all im afraid :L
Trosk-
This is odd... Could you try to install NET Framework 4.5? Probably is not gonna work but I don't know.. I guess it's worth to give it a try.

I don't have any more ideas for this actually... I think it's the first time I see this problem. In the worst case I guess you will need to reinstall Windows or something... I'm sorry if I didn't help much.
abraker
Googling gave me this:

Problem:
  • .NET Framework fails to install and freezes in the middle. The installation terminates with error code 0x800F0922.
    Solution
The easiest thing you can do is to enable .NET Framework 2 and 3 from Windows Features in Control panel. Here’s how to do it:
  • Press the Windows Key + X > click Control Panel
    In the Control Panel window, select the search bar and type windows features, and click the link titled Turn Windows features on or off.
    Select the check-box next to .NET Framework 3.5 and select OK.
A Fix For Error Code 0x800F0922
  • Open the .NET Framework installation files folder > Sources folder > SXS folder
    Right-click the SXS folder > click Properties
    Go to the Security tab and make sure that there is a check mark next to Read & Execute. If it isn’t there then click the Edit button and turn it on from there.
    Press Windows Key+X > Click Command Prompt (Admin)
    In the Command Prompt window, type the following command and press Enter
    dism /online /enable-feature /featurename:netfx3 /all /source:c:\sxs /limitaccess
    dism /online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
Topic Starter
Spudzing

abraker wrote:

Googling gave me this:

Problem:
  • .NET Framework fails to install and freezes in the middle. The installation terminates with error code 0x800F0922.
    Solution
The easiest thing you can do is to enable .NET Framework 2 and 3 from Windows Features in Control panel. Here’s how to do it:
  • Press the Windows Key + X > click Control Panel
    In the Control Panel window, select the search bar and type windows features, and click the link titled Turn Windows features on or off.
    Select the check-box next to .NET Framework 3.5 and select OK.
A Fix For Error Code 0x800F0922
  • Open the .NET Framework installation files folder > Sources folder > SXS folder
    Right-click the SXS folder > click Properties
    Go to the Security tab and make sure that there is a check mark next to Read & Execute. If it isn’t there then click the Edit button and turn it on from there.
    Press Windows Key+X > Click Command Prompt (Admin)
    dism /online /enable-feature /featurename:netfx3 /all /source:c:\sxs /limitaccess
    dism /online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

already tried this, didn't work.
Topic Starter
Spudzing

Trosk- wrote:

This is odd... Could you try to install NET Framework 4.5? Probably is not gonna work but I don't know.. I guess it's worth to give it a try.

I don't have any more ideas for this actually... I think it's the first time I see this problem. In the worst case I guess you will need to reinstall Windows or something... I'm sorry if I didn't help much.
https://gyazo.com/9bf09114005438bec008875b2494935e

You tried your best man, thanks alot bro <3
looks like ims till looking for a fix.
Flanster
Tried this?
Topic Starter
Spudzing

LoliFlan wrote:

Tried this?
I said that I've tried this twice but thanks, i always get the same error. My rank of 148 is going down, need to start playing asap :(((
abraker
Your .Net installation might be corrupt then. Not sure how that is possible on a fresh copy though.
peppy
Try installing the .net 2.0 framework using an online installer, and if this fails, you need to reinstall windows.
Topic Starter
Spudzing

peppy wrote:

Try installing the .net 2.0 framework using an online installer, and if this fails, you need to reinstall windows.
Thank you so much for replying! <3 <3
I'll try this right away and post back with results!
Topic Starter
Spudzing

peppy wrote:

net 2.0 just refused to download and re-installing windows didn't work :(
abraker

Spudzing wrote:

re-installing windows didn't work :(
Dafuq? Try another installation disk.
show more