forum

[Archived] Japanese text deleted from mp3 name

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Destroy2777
Problem Details:
This problem pertains to when the .mp3 imported into osu! to create a mapset has Japanese text within its given name. (I have not tested if this applies to other, non-romanized languages, but may do so if the need arises.)

Upon importing the .mp3, all seems normal at first - the song setup and timing setup go as usual. However, upon saving the mapset, leaving the mapset in song select, and coming back to it, the preview for the music does not play. Upon entering the song and attempting to play the song, the music is nonexistent (though any notes placed are still there), osu! incorrectly places the end of the song, and continues to play past the "ending" time osu! sets.

Observation of the mapset's folder reveals that the .mp3 name has omitted the Japanese text (all other text, such as romanized text and spaces, is unaffected), and the same has occurred with the "AudioFilename" within the .osu of the difficulty.

This, however, can be repaired if one manually renames the .mp3 (and the equivalent field in the .osu file) back to the originally given name, inclusive of the Japanese text - after one does this, all functions properly, and will not cause this error again.

The .mp3 file was originally named モリモリ アツシ - PUPA. However, the following screenshot shows the .osu after saving. Note the field for the audio file name.

All of this given, what's the issue? Is this something occurring within my own computer system that causes this forced name change, or is something based within osu! itself? Should I avoid using non-romanized text for .mp3 names used in osu! mapsets?

osu! version: 20150414.2 (latest)
Nekonyan
It's preferred to use alphanumerical instead of hiragana/katakana, because hiragana/katakana is unicode.
But the bug in that video is interesting, will try to replicate later.