forum

[Archived] System Sound Doesn't Recognize Osu!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
LC3023
So I opened up osu! today and I find out that my system sound doesn't recognize osu!. I tried updating my sound driver, reinstalling osu! but nothings working. Someone please help me! :(

Edit: osu! doesn't register clicked hit circles whenever I try to click them. Although I think its because my sound is not working, I just don't know how to fix.

Also: Forgot to mention, my audio driver is a Realtek High Definition Audio

osu! version: 20150414.2 (latest)
Trosk-
Just in case, do you have the correct device set here?

Topic Starter
LC3023

Trosk- wrote:

Just in case, do you have the correct device set here?

Yes I do and its still not working.

abraker
Let's troubleshoot. Here is a checklist:

• Master volume and effects volume are at 100% and you hear sound effects from osu! when pressing buttons
    OS volume is at 100% (dont blow out your eardrums though). You can play a youtube video and listen to it.
    Your skin has hitsound files.
Topic Starter
LC3023

abraker wrote:

Let's troubleshoot. Here is a checklist:

• Master volume and effects volume are at 100% and you hear sound effects from osu! when pressing buttons
    OS volume is at 100% (dont blow out your eardrums though). You can play a youtube video and listen to it.
    Your skin has hitsound files.
My volume on osu! is 100% but I can't hear anything.
OS volume is at 100% however youtube doesn't make a noise.
And I only have the default skin because I tried reinstalling osu!.

EDIT: NVM. Youtube does work, just had to change browsers.
Topic Starter
LC3023

What do I do?
Trosk-
Can you try to change osu! release stream to Beta or Cutting Edge and see if it works?

If it's still not working try this (I don't think that this is gonna fix it but you don't lose anything by trying...):

Copy "osu!.exe" and paste it into a new and empty folder. It will download all the game archives on that new folder. If it still doesn't work, you can delete that folder.

And please, do not double post, use the edit button instead.
Topic Starter
LC3023

Trosk- wrote:

Can you try to change osu! release stream to Beta or Cutting Edge and see if it works?

If it's still not working try this (I don't think that this is gonna fix it but you don't lose anything by trying...):

Copy "osu!.exe" and paste it into a new and empty folder. It will download all the game archives on that new folder. If it still doesn't work, you can delete that folder.

Okay! I will try that. And sorry for double posting.

EDIT: How do I open osu! in beta or cutting edge?
Trosk-

FrootLoopsOG wrote:

EDIT: How do I open osu! in beta or cutting edge?
You can find it on the Options. Just change it.

Topic Starter
LC3023

Trosk- wrote:

Tried all of the things you said. Still didn't work.
Trosk-

FrootLoopsOG wrote:

Tried all of the things you said. Still didn't work.
Then I don't know... Did you try to reinstall your sound drivers?
Topic Starter
LC3023

Trosk- wrote:

Then I don't know... Did you try to reinstall your sound drivers?
Yes. I did reinstall my sound driver.
abraker
Do you at least get music from osu!?
Topic Starter
LC3023

abraker wrote:

Do you at least get music from osu!?
I don't get sound at all from osu!.
Nekonyan
I suggest to unplug and plug it again. I don't know if it's related, but trying doesn't matter, right?
Topic Starter
LC3023

Nekonyan wrote:

I suggest to unplug and plug it again. I don't know if it's related, but trying doesn't matter, right?
What do I unplug?
Nekonyan
your speaker, and reason why does your click not register is:
[quote="TheVileOne":1337]Your audio device set for osu! must not be working correctly. When the game is using virtual time (aka not playing with an active audio device), it wont detect clicked circles. Virtual time is only used when the game cannot detect your audio device, such as when you unplug it.
Topic Starter
LC3023

Nekonyan wrote:

your speaker, and reason why does your click not register is:
[quote="TheVileOne":1337]Your audio device set for osu! must not be working correctly. When the game is using virtual time (aka not playing with an active audio device), it wont detect clicked circles. Virtual time is only used when the game cannot detect your audio device, such as when you unplug it.
How do I unplug speakers? I don't have anything plugged in, except my charger. I'm on a laptop.
abraker
The heck? OP said that audio works on YT. How is unplugging and plugging the speakers going to help even if it was to be desktop?

At this point I can blame the issue on Osu! sending audio output to the wrong audio device. Or... do you have any 3rd party applications that do something with audio. Equalizers or something that might be muting audio from Osu!?
Nekonyan

FrootLoopsOG wrote:

How do I unplug speakers? I don't have anything plugged in, except my charger. I'm on a laptop.
oh sorry didn't know that, probably you could try this one:
[quote="liutilities.com":1337]
Step 1
Begin the process of deletion and re-installation by clicking on the 'Start' button, then the 'Control Panel' and 'System'. What follows is the 'Hardware', the 'Device Manager' and lastly, the 'Sound', 'Video' and 'Game Controllers'. Click on the sound device displayed on the Device Manager and then delete using the 'Delete' key of the keyboard. When prompted whether or not to continue with the deletion, click 'OK'. Uninstall all the sound devices listed in this manner except the Legacy Audio Drivers and the Audio Codec.
Step 2
Restart the computer and reinstall the sound drivers that have been deleted by means of the Driver and Application Recovery CDs that had come with the Operating System.
Step 3
Visit the official website of the computer manufacturer and check for an updated software of the sound driver for the sound card. When found, download them together with instructions for installation.
show more