forum

[resolved] Mouse moves much slower on video maps

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Crynopsa
Problem Details: Been playing Osu! for about 3 years. Until today, Osu! has played correctly on all map types. Today, it slows the mouse to a much higher latency, making it impossible to play. I have tried to reinstall Osu!, repair it, and restart. None of these things have worked.

Video or screenshot showing the problem: Um, I can do this if necessary, I just am unsure what program I would need to record it all.

osu! version: 20150414.2 (latest)
Trosk-
Check that you didn't disable Full Screen mode by accident.

Topic Starter
Crynopsa
I normally play on Borderless 1920x1080 but even when I changed it back to FS it still has the same issue.
Trosk-

Crynopsa wrote:

I normally play on Borderless 1920x1080 but even when I changed it back to FS it still has the same issue.
Then check that you don't have any background process that could be affecting the performance.

Also, does this problem happens only on osu! or it happens on Windows too?
Topic Starter
Crynopsa
I have no more background processes than usual (Curse voice, League of Legends, Osu!, browser) and my PC is built to handle it. However, I did try to cut everything else out just in case and it still happened. This only occurs in Osu!, the Windows cursor does not replicate it.
Trosk-

Crynopsa wrote:

I have no more background processes than usual (Curse voice, League of Legends, Osu!, browser) and my PC is built to handle it. However, I did try to cut everything else out just in case and it still happened. This only occurs in Osu!, the Windows cursor does not replicate it.
Then I don't actually know... Full Screen mode should be able to get rid of the input lag.

Have you tried enabling/disabling Raw Input? Do you have your mouse sensitivity at 1x?

Do you know if it happens on another Full Screen games? Other than that I don't actually have more ideas... I'm sorry if I did not help much.
Topic Starter
Crynopsa
Yes I have tried raw input enabling and disabling. I play League and have not noticed any difference, and play at a relatively high level so I would notice it.

And don't be sorry! You had a lot of good ideas, thank you for the effort!
Trosk-

Crynopsa wrote:

Yes I have tried raw input enabling and disabling. I play League and have not noticed any difference, and play at a relatively high level so I would notice it.

And don't be sorry! You had a lot of good ideas, thank you for the effort!
The last thing I can think about is.. Are you playing with VSync enabled? Or with really low FPS?

Also, could you try to change release stream to Beta or Cutting Edge and see if you get better results?
Topic Starter
Crynopsa
120 FPS and I don't see an option for VSync although I would assume I'm using it, and alright, I'll try it, thank you!
Topic Starter
Crynopsa
I tried both beta and cutting edge, neither worked. Is there anyone whom I can speak to to get this attention to the devs? I don't know if you are one though...
Trosk-

Crynopsa wrote:

120 FPS and I don't see an option for VSync although I would assume I'm using it, and alright, I'll try it, thank you!

I tried both beta and cutting edge, neither worked. Is there anyone whom I can speak to to get this attention to the devs? I don't know if you are one though...
VSync is only available on FullScreen mode, and if fits to the refresh rate of your monitor, so, I guess you don't have it enabled. (Unless you have a 120 or 144hz monitor)

Try to set your FPS limiter to unlimited and I guess you will get a slighly better result, but not much actually.

Other than this and what I said earlier, I can't think about other things that could cause this at the moment.. Sorry.

And no, I'm not part of the osu! staff.

Btw, next time do not make double posts, use the edit button instead, please. c:
Topic Starter
Crynopsa
I have it set to borderless after FS didn't work, so I see. It is set to unlimited but that didn't change anything. Thank you for the effort though, and my apologies on the double post.
TheVileOne
You should expect a performance hit when you try to play with video on a 1080 monitor. I'm not sure to what extent your input decreases, but this sounds like your frame times are taking longer and so the time between input is longer as well. It would be helpful if you provide a screenshot of the frame time display (Ctrl + F11) during one of your problem maps. This function is only available in debug builds.
Topic Starter
Crynopsa
I tried to show the times right before the map starts, when it loads in, and when it starts. The first link is the problem video. The second is another video that doesn't have the same level of difference. It should be noted that the quality of gameplay was fine a week ago, and no problems in my system's performance have been detected outside of this game.

https://imgur-archive.ppy.sh/zREAqf5.jpg

https://imgur-archive.ppy.sh/NpaC0Xs.jpg
abraker
Another case where draw is spiking up, but looks different from my case. Show the graph with video disabled just to confirm that it's the video that is affecting the FPS.
Topic Starter
Crynopsa
I tried to get it in the same spot as the original shot. The gameplay quality here is perfect.

https://imgur-archive.ppy.sh/rpIctNY.jpg

EDIT: Did a clean reinstall of my machine (planned on doing it beforehand) and lost any symptoms. I assume I had some form of user error that escaped my generally keen eye. Thanks again for all help everyone.
abraker
Possibly an external application was causing it, but there is no way to know for sure.
Topic Starter
Crynopsa
I'd like to make it easy and say I had a keylogger/virus/background program of any sort running but I tripled checked and nothing else was running out of the norm. It's odd, but thanks again for all the help!