forum

[Archived] Cursor teleportation and lag.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kyubey
Problem Details:
Sometimes my cursor just move to random place while playing or just stop moving for a short time and then continue moving from place where it should be after that move, causing miss/fail. It happens not that often, and I don't know how to cause this bug manually, it's completely random. It happens both on stable and not stable versions, with and without raw input, on DirectX and OpenGL, in fullscreen and window, with and without letterboxing. But I noticed this happens only when you play without input lag, i.e. in fullscreen or with disabled Aero in borderless/windows. So probably disabled Aero or something like this cause that input bug. And it appears only in osu! though, my mouse works well in Windows.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20150721cuttingedge
Trosk-
Does your mouse have some kind of software or drivers? (To change DPI, etc.) Do you have the option to change the polling rate? If so, try to set it lower than you have right now and try to play again...
Topic Starter
Kyubey
Actually I don't have any of them installed, since I flashed my mouse to DPI/polling rate I need a long time ago, so software doesn't cause that bug.
Trosk-

Kyubey wrote:

Actually I don't have any of them installed, since I flashed my mouse to DPI/polling rate I need a long time ago, so software doesn't cause that bug.
I mean, if the issue is actually the polling rate, it's not because the software, it's because the polling rate itself. Do you have any way to low it?
Topic Starter
Kyubey
I will try to redownload software and make it lower, and then post a feedback here.
Trosk-

Kyubey wrote:

I will try to redownload software and make it lower, and then post a feedback here.
Sure :P
Topic Starter
Kyubey
It didn't help. Cursor still lags and teleports. By the way, some people complained about this bug too, so it's not a single case.
Namki
Ye, I have the same problem.
Trosk-

Kyubey wrote:

It didn't help. Cursor still lags and teleports. By the way, some people complained about this bug too, so it's not a single case.

Namki wrote:

Ye, I have the same problem.
Then, seeing that it's not because of the polling rate and that you tried all the things that you have mentioned on the first post, I don't have any idea at the moment... I'll search a bit about this...

By the way, do you know if this happen to you in other Fullscreen games?
Topic Starter
Kyubey
Never happened in other games.
Trosk-

Kyubey wrote:

Never happened in other games.
Then I actually don't know...

I don't think that this is gonna work but I think you don't lose anything by trying... Copy osu!.exe and paste it on an empty folder, all archives will be downloaded again. If it's still not working properly, then you can delete that installation.

After this, if it's still not working, I guess you should check for GPU and OS updates. I don't have any more ideas at the moment.. Sorry.
Topic Starter
Kyubey
I remember peppy mentioned somewhere about redownloading the files and about that is pointless and never work. And I'm pretty sure it's a osu! bug, not my system or GPU (which are updated though).
Trosk-

Kyubey wrote:

I remember peppy mentioned somewhere about redownloading the files and about that is pointless and never work. And I'm pretty sure it's a osu! bug, not my system or GPU (which are updated though).
And he is right, almost always is pointless and doesn't work, but sometimes (not much) it fixed some problems. It would take you like 2 or 3 minutes to test it, that's why I said that you don't lose anything by trying.
Topic Starter
Kyubey
Can't test it atm, but will try at night.
Trosk-

Kyubey wrote:

Can't test it atm, but will try at night.
Cool, I hope we can find a solution for this.
Topic Starter
Kyubey
Probably I have to report it didn't help either.
Trosk-

Kyubey wrote:

Probably I have to report it didn't help either.
Good to know.. Thanks.
Nekonyan
probably it could help
[quote="Mirlong":1337]I had same problem. Take a can of compressed air and clean and point it at the laser. Then take a qtip and a little rubbing alcohol and clean the glass.
Topic Starter
Kyubey
Man, it's not a mouse problem, my mouse works perfectly outside of osu! or in osu! with Aero enabled.
TheVileOne
I don't know if there is anything we can do about this. The issue sounds like your input device is experiencing interrupts in getting the signals to osu! Cursor drifting sounds like you have acceleration being applied somewhere. Not having proper control over the mouse is probably because you have a cheap mouse with poor sensor detection. I have played with cheap mice and they play very poorly in osu!
show more