forum

[resolved] [confirmed] Sudden Death Fails to Activate on Taiko in Certain Situation

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Bramble
Problem Details: I found this like, two years ago or something and I think I should finally report it lol! I did test this earlier this week so it is still relevant, although I really truly think that this is low priority. The best example I can think of is the map DJ S3rl = Feel the Melody on the harder taiko map. On the first big Don (the big red note) hit it with just one side of your drum, and that's literally all, you can miss as much as you want and you won't fail. However, at the end, you will not get your score screen, and you're stuck in the level until you either retry or quit.

Video or screenshot showing the problem: Can't open osu right now but it's a very simple replication

osu! version: 20150414.2 (latest)
Trosk-
The thing of of that you get stuck at the end of the map if you fail is a known issue. t/111551

Regarding the Sudden Death issue, I think I heard of it somewhere, but I can't find it right now.

Bara-
TheVileOne
I will look into a fix for this. Also why are the fail X's massive when SD is enabled? This doesn't make any sense.
Trosk-

TheVileOne wrote:

I will look into a fix for this. Also why are the fail X's massive when SD is enabled? This doesn't make any sense.
It happens on Taiko and osu! standard, when you miss a note with SD enabled, the map is supposed to stop and fail, and it shows that large hit0. The problem is, instead of failing, the map keeps playing.

This is how it's supposed to look.

TheVileOne
I'm pretty sure it's not supposed to do that when the game continues to play.
Trosk-

TheVileOne wrote:

I'm pretty sure it's not supposed to do that when the game continues to play.
I guess. The thing is, that it should continue, since it's sudden death, and if you miss a note it should stop. The problem comes when you hit a big note with just one key instead of two. It doesn't count it as a miss because it's not a miss, but at the same time you are supposed to hit it with two keys, and it seems like it gets some kind of stuck.
Kyujuroku 96
I think this happens because of the behaviour of Taiko mode itself, since a map is considered failed if at the end of a map the hp bar havent reached the half
Trosk-

S v p e r wrote:

I think this happens because of the behaviour of Taiko mode itself, since a map is considered failed if at the end of a map the hp bar havent reached the half
Could be, but back to the same thing, it only happens when you hit a big note with one button instead of two, that is what triggers it. If you don't do that and miss a note, the map will fail instantly, how it is supposed to be.
TheVileOne
This is certainly resolved in latest cutting edge.
Topic Starter
Bramble
Wow I forgot I even made this post lol, thanks devs :D