forum

[resolved] [confirmed] Clicking on text causes dropdown menu to reanimate opening

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
abraker
Just click on the test left of any dropdown menu in the options and it will open the dropdown menu and "reopen" if it's already opened.

osu! version: 20150720beta
Trosk-
Well, can replicate on all release streams, though I don't know if this is somehow intended... I don't think so actually.
Topic Starter
abraker
Normally clicking on anything but the dropdown menu element itself shouldn't do anything.
Trosk-

abraker wrote:

Normally clicking on anything but the dropdown menu element itself shouldn't anything.
I guess it shouldn't.
RvNovae
I can confirm this.
I think the dropdown should rather close instead of reopening.
- Marco -
Can confirm too

Olivarus wrote:

I think the dropdown should rather close instead of reopening.
^ yep
VeilStar
Currently, if a dropdown menu is open and you click the item the dropdown menu is on (but not the dropdown menu itself), it closes when initially clicking the item, and when you release the mouse button it re-opens, causing this behaviour.

Given that all clickable items in the options menu only change state upon releasing the click I guess this should be changed to do the same.
(Which means the initial click not doing anything, and releasing the mouse button closing the dropdown menu if it's open.)

Just thought I'd clarify that. Anyway, confirming...
peppy
It's easy to see why this is happening, at least:

http://puu.sh/jFti3/c843f20a27.mp4
BanchoBot
Issue(s) in this thread have been addressed by the following changes:
  1. Fix clicking on text causing dropdown menu to reanimate opening. (peppy)
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20150818.3cuttingedge.

Please follow up in this thread if you believe more work needs to be done to fix the mentioned issues. If they have not yet been resolved, please provide any new details that may have arisen after this build.