forum

[resolved] [confirmed] Importing song in the collection options breaks song select

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Hydria
Problem Details:
Trying to open a .osz file whilst you have the "Manage Collections" tab open will completely break the song select menu, making songs disappear, the ESC key as well as the F1, F2 and F3 buttons not work, even whilst playing a song (quick retry key still works though, and so does ALT-F4) and the only way to resolve it is to restart your client.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20150721cuttingedge
abraker
Can't replicate on latest beta, and I doubt it's replicable on CE since the versions are 1 update apart (though, surprise me).

edit: Trosk- surprised me
Trosk-
Could replicate it on Cutting Edge at the 4th time, it doesn't happens always. Tried like 10 times on Stable and I didn't get it, but maybe it happens on Stable too, I don't know.

RvNovae
Can replicate this on the second attempt on CE.
TheVileOne
I will look into fixing this. Confirming for now.
VeilStar
t/355687
Seems to happen on the beatmap options too. It's likely that many 'overlays'/dialogs are affected.

Edit:
And the jump-to screen aswell.
t/378101
TheVileOne
The import dialog is counted as a separate mode, thus requiring the previous mode to be reloading after it completes. If there was a dialog or something that wouldn't be restored open before, then it has potential to cause issues.
TheVileOne
There shouldn't be anything that the collections dialog does specifically that would cause this. I'm not having luck triggering this. Importing maps is really annoying since it deletes the .osz afterwards.
Trosk-

TheVileOne wrote:

There shouldn't be anything that the collections dialog does specifically that would cause this. I'm not having luck triggering this. Importing maps is really annoying since it deletes the .osz afterwards.
I don't know... I got this at the first try. Just in case, this is the map that I imported, while being on the collections manager.

Also, this didn't happen last time I replicated this: I couldn't close the client. I needed to kill the process.

---

Edit: It happens on "Jump To" screen too, with this result:

It breaks the song selection screen the same way as it does on OP situation, but here, the song options stay at the top right of the screen (You can't pause the music but you can change songs).

abraker
I finally managed to replicate this. So I imported a map while the collections were being displayed and now no beatmaps are listed. I can't even ESC out to the main menu (back button works though). F9 doesn't work either. Chat doesn't show up no matter what

grumd
Still works for me every single time with the Stable build. I was opening mod selection menu or beatmap options. Both made osu get bugged.
hgg
It still occurs for me each time when importing a beatmap while opening beatmaps options or mod selection menu with the latest stable build (20151121.2), but not on the stable fallback (20151120.5) (with either OpenGL or DirectX).
Trosk-
Already fixed in Cutting Edge.