forum

The Headphones Topic

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Rizumu Tenshi
Because there's no reason to hold back and not create one.

Nothing to explain except this topic is for headphones users, so let's start.
  1. What kind of headphones do you use? In-ear, on-ear or over-ear?
  2. Who is the manufacturer of the headphones you use?
  3. What is the model of your headphones?
  4. What do you think of it?
And I'm the first to answer
  1. Over-the-ear headphones
  2. Sennheiser
  3. HD 201
  4. I've always wanted over-ear headphones to avoid the shit Mama plays in the car but Sennheiser is quality no matter the price so why not go for one? If it's quality, there is no holding back.

You can also mention any news regarding headphones, and you can talk about legendary ones like the Audeze LCD3, or even crappy ones like the Beats Pro (All Beats headphones are crap anyway). You can talk about headphones you used before!

On the note of "news regarding headphones" (goes to Otaku Culture): We're seeing the first prototype of the Axent Wear Cat Ear Headphones. HYPE
Top Bunk
Over the ear headphones
Sennheiser
HD 429
I love these headphones, excellent quality, great price, comfortable to the point where I can wear them all day long and forget I was even wearing them.

I haven't been able to wear any other headphones because Sennheiser has spoiled me.
LigerZero
What kind of headphones do you use? In-ear, on-ear or over-ear? over-ear
Who is the manufacturer of the headphones you use? raoop (i can not buy razer headphones because my money use to upgrade my computer)
What is the model of your headphones? rp-2833
What do you think of it? because this is simple and i love it to maximum volume always volume 100%

now my headphone's broken in right (now mono in left) and change now in speaker genius (broken in on/off)
Navizel
Why would you want to buy Razer when there is better and cheaper headsets out there?

on-topic:
I have over-ear headphones
HyperX
Cloud
It is alright. affordable and comfortable. It shows signs of breaking such as right side having no sounds (usually on phone, not much on others).
a1l2d3r4e5d6
What if you use more than one?

I have 2 pairs of on-ear and pair of over-ear headphones.

Sony
MDR-XB400
Very good for it's price. It sounds great with any device that I use it on. (even my laptop and it's bad sound card that somehow ruins the headphone output jack)

Sony
DR-BTN200
Like the one above, it sounds good, but it's somewhat lacking compared to the MDR-XB400. It's not as warm-sounding. Being a wireless device, it's battery is excellent. It can probably last for quite a while.

Skullcandy
Crusher
It's more of a gimmick with it's 'subwoofer' (Vibrating coils). Vocals sound distant. It's not the best, but it goes hand-in-hand with my phone's sound settings. My phone makes use of the 'subwoofer' to it's full potential giving a really powerful, sometimes too powerful, bass. (Great for head massages :v)
Topic Starter
Rizumu Tenshi
Aww yeah more than one :) The joy of having two great sets of headphones!

Just writing this because I'm a bit sad with this: The pre-included in-ear headphones I took from Papa (with Mama's permission) actually made the "quiet" "background" sounds (best example: Wonderful Rush) sound loud enough, even louder than my Sennheiser HD 201 :(
Yoshiii133
Over ears
CLiptec
Ozone BMH880
Pretty decent headphones and price, but it can make your ears feel a bit uncomfortable if you wore it for too long. Also, sometimes it can feel too bass-y or reverb-y.
kirueggy
http://www.target.com/p/beats-by-dre-so ... Ap6V8P8HAQ

over-ears
Beats
Solo HD Drenched in Teal/White colors
idgaf really about what headphones I use so as long as it sounds good I'll buy it. no i'm not a pleb either because I've used other brands like BOSE, Sony, & Sennheiser but the beats solos are my current ones at the moment
ScarletVan
i own 3 headphones lol

earbuds
Edifier
H185
this pair of earphones is pretty cheap. the sound is very very good for the price. my trustworthy walking companion

On-Ear
Pioneer
SE-MJ522
another cheap pair of headphones with great sound. the bass is a bit lacking. the vocal is pretty forward along with good detail of instruments. build quality does not seem all that solid though.

Over-Ear
Pioneer
SE-M521
this is my weapon of choice that sits in my house. the price is insanely cheap for the sound. overall a balanced pair. bass is sufficient, instrument seperation is pretty good. the vocals are not very forward. soundstage and positioning is great so i can enjoy FPS games as well as movies with great immersion. a real bargain.
[Nic]
Over-Ear
Audio Technica
ATH-M50 (Coiled Cable)
Great headphones. Easily the most comfortable I've worn. Sounds great, not too expensive, and nice build quality. I'm also a big fan of the coiled cable
Shohei Ohtani
i'm not going to fill out the form

I use tutlebeach P11s. Decent headphones and while people have complained about the durability, they've been fine for me. Dual channels also works out super cool, especially if I'm streaming, because I can still be on skype and not have to deal with everyone hearing the conversation.

for outside use, I use honestly whatever headphones I happen to find i lose them so much it's not even worth keeping track of
domSaur
some over-ear headphones that im too lazy to remember what brand/model it is.. just some cheap stuff(i don't buy big brands bec. for some reason, i break my headphones easily. after a few months of use they lose the sound and so i have to twist the cable to get the sound back.. )
AtomicSolar
in-ear
SoundMagic
ES18
I actually got them today, quality seems to be good, and I love the design. They cost me my precious 20euros so they better last longer than two weeks.
Rilene
I use the earphone, which is in ear, but it is very uncomfortable because it keeps coming out.
I have that problem with all Samsung earphones, I prefer Apple's earphone.

But in some places, Apple earphone is overpriced compared to all earphones.
Gumpy
In-ear then get yelled for not hearing anything my parents say even tho I have them on. Genius
Topic Starter
Rizumu Tenshi

Gumpyyy wrote:

In-ear then get yelled for not hearing anything my parents say even tho I have them on. Genius
You're right, when I put on my headphones and play something, I am unable to hear anyone. It's just plain awful that we have to make sure we can hear our parents when we put on our headphones (open-back anyone?).
deletemyaccount
Desktop setup
What kind of headphones do you use? In-ear, on-ear or over-ear? Over-ear
Who is the manufacturer of the headphones you use? Beyerdynamic
What is the model of your headphones? DT-990 w/ Fiio E10K amp/dac
What do you think of it? great soundstage and detail, bass and highs are glorious but mids are slightly recessed as a result of emphasised upper and lower end.

Portable headphones
What kind of headphones do you use? In-ear, on-ear or over-ear? On-ear
Who is the manufacturer of the headphones you use? V-moda
What is the model of your headphones? Crossfade M-80
What do you think of it? A really great pair of portable headphones, ample bass and balanced mids/highs. Really nice for female vocals.
Zazarith
edit:
BlueKUMA
Over the Ear
Phillips
SHL3005SRD

There very good!
Wuxo
What kind of headphones do you use? Over-ear
Who is the manufacturer of the headphones you use? Yihao (verry creative name, China)
What is the model of your headphones? YH-420M-V
What do you think of it? For its low price, it's good. But in reality its cheap piece of shit.
show more