forum

[resolved] [confirmed] osu!mania visual settings issue (input)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
VeilStar
Problem Details:
An issue when opening the visual settings menu by moving your mouse to the bottom part of the screen when starting a map.
This seems to be osu!mania specific and happens on both Stable & Cutting Edge as far as I can tell.

The issues are as following:
The visual settings panel seems to accept no input (the cursor doesn't even expand).
This only seems to happen if the stage isn't loaded yet.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQ6eoi61fU4

osu! version:
20150708.1cuttingedge
Happens on the latest Stable build too.
TheVileOne
Can anyone else replicate this?
Trosk-

TheVileOne wrote:

Can anyone else replicate this?
It's almost unnoticeable in my case because my beatmaps load so fast, but I can replicate it.
O2MasterFX
If you having problem replicating, try to use stable build. It loads beatmaps slower so it can be noticed.
TheVileOne
I found the issue and have a fix pending. Not sure if it will be accepted as it is kind of hacky. The actual root cause is not so easy to fix.
BanchoBot
Issue(s) in this thread have been addressed by the following changes:
  1. Ensure play mode is completely loaded before Playing is allowed to be true. (peppy)
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20150719.3cuttingedge.

Please follow up in this thread if you believe more work needs to be done to fix the mentioned issues. If they have not yet been resolved, please provide any new details that may have arisen after this build.
Trosk-
Well, seems like with this fix, another weird behaviour appeared. If you change settings when the map is loading, sometimes the background dim bar will be extended and you can click the "Disable storyboard" option, even if the map doesn't have it. Also, osu! will lag a bit, but it's not really noticeable on the video.

Also, if you do this on Taiko, the background will mess up sometimes.

TheVileOne
The issues with visual settings refreshing is known. The taiko situation is weird. You can hear the taiko drum hits while you're changing settings. I can't replicate background dim bar issue.
Trosk-

TheVileOne wrote:

The issues with visual settings refreshing is known. The taiko situation is weird. You can hear the taiko drum hits while you're changing settings. I can't replicate background dim bar issue.
Well, I guess that the Taiko sounds are some kind of normal, since on Taiko, the key sounds are played when you click with the mouse (Since it's recognized as a key while playing). What is a bit weird is that the sounds seem like they are normal until a point when the drum sounds are played even when you click on the options. (My explanation is so bad, sorry.)

TheVileOne
I'm pretty sure this behaviour isn't related to this change as you could always access visual settings during load.

Edit: That issue with the dim bar will need to wait for now. The logic that draws it is very confusing.