forum

[Archived] Settings do not apply (fullscreen mode)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Muchaszewski
Problem Details:

I had changed version from Stable to Cutting-Edge and from whatever reason some of my settings changed including fullscreen (turned into windowed). So i changed settings but decided to go back to Stable. Fullscreen changed again (to windowed). Now every time i try to put fullscreen mode into action it wont apply even tho checkbox is checked. Turning off and on again reset fullscreen to windowed again.

Resolution doesnt change as well. (probably because of windowed, still worth noting)

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
Images with my settings
Sorry for second monitor :P

I can try to record this but i need to set stuff up to do so, witch might take a while and someone might have reporduce without me trying record this :P
Easier for me would be stream this xD

osu! version: 20150628.1cuttingedge note: idk why here is cutting edge version since i have (copied from settings) b20150414.2
I hope its bug with changeing versions from cutting edge.
Trosk-
Well.. On the screenshot you have Full Screen not checked, that's why it's on borderless mode.

Anyways, close osu!, open your your osu!<username>.cfg (with WordPad, etc.) file, and look for the line named "Fullscreen", and leave it in 1.

Fullscreen = 1
Topic Starter
Muchaszewski

Trosk- wrote:

Well.. On the screenshot you have Full Screen not checked, that's why it's on borderless mode.

Anyways, close osu!, go to your osu!<username>.cfg file, and look for the line named "Fullscreen", and leave it in 1.

Fullscreen = 1
Yep that fixed it, but i posted it here not to fix it on my side, but there must be error in code :P After manual change in config, all changes in Osu client are applied.

But to be sure i changed to Cutting-Edge and back to Stable. New option with letterboxing or some changes with enums must be a thing that reverting relase stream to Stable break config files and fullscreen mode.

I think that thread could be moved to Cutting-Edge errors maybe
Trosk-

Muchaszewski wrote:

Yep that fixed it, but i posted it here not to fix it on my side, but there must be error in code :P After manual change in config, all changes in Osu client are applied.
This happened to more people before, like this user (this happened to him on Stable release stream, so it doesn't happen only on CE): t/340775
So, I guess it's a know issue.