forum

[Archived] holding down Z/X doesn't let me "hold it down"

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kato
Problem Details: The video should explain most of it. It was perfectly normal yesterday and i've tried rebinding my key and it didn't work. Restarting my computer/osu or changing to stable also didn't help. I also got new key caps today but i don't think that's the problem because when I tried switching it back to the old one it still has the same result.

I don't actually know if this is the correct place to post because it might just be a hardware problem but i don't know. can't hurt to try though.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20150629cuttingedge
leepdesu
Have you tried turning up the brightness?

Try reinstalling the game.
Trosk-
This seems like an input issue... I don't know if it will help much here... But I have seen this type of problems sometimes resolved by just changing the USB port where is connected to your PC, but I don't have much hopes on that.

What keyboard do you have? Because there are some keyboards that have this type of input problems because of the software that comes with them...

Also, do you know if it happens in another games? Because if not we know that is osu! related problem.

Thanks.

-LeeP- wrote:

Doing that won't solve anything. In that case, repair it, but don't uninstall and reinstall.
abraker

-LeeP- wrote:

Reinstalling NEVER helps.

I believe this is a known issue where where alternating keys in mid slider breaks it. t/336762
Trosk-

abraker wrote:

I believe this is a known issue where where alternating keys in mid slider breaks it. t/336762
I don't think it's the same. If you look at the key input, the key just gets tapped and release at an unusual (and impossible for a human to do that) speed.
Topic Starter
Kato

Trosk- wrote:

This seems like an input issue... I don't know if it will help much here... But I have seen this type of problems sometimes resolved by just changing the USB port where is connected to your PC, but I don't have much hopes on that.

What keyboard do you have? Because there are some keyboards that have this type of input problems because of the software that comes with them...

Also, do you know if it happens in another games? Because if not we know that is osu! related problem.

Thanks.
I tried plugging it into another usb port and the same thing happens. I'm using a Ducky Shine 3 and i don't really know what other games i can test this on. It might be a hardware issue but i just wanted to try my luck here for some help.
abraker

Trosk- wrote:

the key just gets tapped and release at an unusual (and impossible for a human to do that) speed.
Oh didn't notice that. Then I'm betting the contacts that are responsible for closing the circuit on the keystroke are wearing off, or some other electronic issue. Can you try with a different keyboard?
Trosk-

Kato wrote:

I tried plugging it into another usb port and the same thing happens. I'm using a Ducky Shine 3 and i don't really know what other games i can test this on. It might be a hardware issue but i just wanted to try my luck here for some help.
If it's a Ducky Shine, I think that it's gonna be a hardware issue... Because I never heard any problem regarding this keyboards (I have the Shine 4 and never had a problem).

Let's see if someone here can think about a possible issue, but I personally think it's gonna be a hardware problem.
Topic Starter
Kato

abraker wrote:

Trosk- wrote:

the key just gets tapped and release at an unusual (and impossible for a human to do that) speed.
Oh didn't notice that. Then I'm betting the contacts that are responsible for closing the circuit on the keystroke are wearing off, or some other electronic issue. Can you try with a different keyboard?
tried it with my old membrane keyboard and it didn't have this problem, so that pretty much confirms that it's a hardware problem.

thanks for the help
abraker
Sorry for your keyboard. rest in keys.
Trosk-
I'm sorry... I think it's first issue I hear about a Ducky keyboard... Well.. Sorry, I think that's unfortunate.
VeilStar
You have some sort of 'hold down = repeat at X rate' option enabled in your keyboard drivers. This is the issue.
Trosk-

VeilStar wrote:

You have some sort of 'hold down = repeat at X rate' option enabled in your keyboard drivers. This is the issue.
The thing is that Ducky keyboards don't have any software/drivers :/
VeilStar
The thing is that this is definitely the issue.
[ JLAW ]
Same thing started happening to me today, looking for answers. it also makes my regular clicks not register some times. It is not a hardware problem because i can go into notepad and stream z/x 500 times and not find any dupe x's or z's. no problems in other games
Naluks
Hey, i had this problem today, and i already solved it.

https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/when-i-hold-a-key-for-over-2-seconds-my-keyboard-spams-the-key-i-am-holding-this-is-so-annoying-on-games.3215270/

Basically I pressed FN + Q on my keyboard and it changed the response rate of my keys, my keyboard as 2 levels, 30 CPS and 60 CPS, i had to pressed it twice to comeback to normal.
Maybe check the keyboard's Manual and check if you have the same feature
- Marco -
It's a 5 years old topic...