forum

[invalid] [confirmed] Imported samples play as NC when DT is applied

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
abraker
Problem Details:
For maps that are 100% hitsounded like Imperishable Night, when played with DT the samples play as if NC was applied instead of DT. This seems to apply only to imported samples and not the default hitsounds.

osu! version: ALL release streams
Trosk-
Well... Are the hitsounds supposed to be affected by NC? Because I tried them using the new feature on Cutting Edge, that allows you to disable and enable DT on replays, and they sound ok. You should try it yourself, I think.

The beatmaps I played were:
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/426550
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/468997

Topic Starter
abraker
I haven't used that feature yet, will check it out momentarily. Meanwhile, try playing a 100% hitsounded map on DT in stable or beta..
Trosk-

abraker wrote:

I haven't used that feature yet, will check it out momentarily. Meanwhile, try playing a 100% hitsounded map on DT in stable or beta.
Here is a video. I think they sound fine....

Topic Starter
abraker
Figured out why it works on some maps and on some it doesn't. This seems to affect maps that have *.ogg imported samples only. Primarily o2jam converts suffer from this.

Try this:
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/436342
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/590133
Bara-
He talks about keysounded mania maps, not normal hitsounds
AFAIK, this is already confirmed, will look for the thread
Ugh, can't find it, I'm pronably comfused by that thread about changing audio output (Dt-->Nc)
Topic Starter
abraker

baraatje123 wrote:

AFAIK, this is already confirmed, will look for the thread
Ugh, can't find it, I'm pronably comfused by that thread about changing audio output (Dt-->Nc)
You are probably thinking of the other already resolved issue where keysounded beatmaps were not affected by NC if I remember correctly: t/179352
Trosk-
Welp, now I think this is completely broken. Disabling DT just affects the map and not the "sound".

Topic Starter
abraker

Trosk- wrote:

Welp, now I think this is completely broken. Disabling DT just affects the map and not the "sound".
Nah, that specific map has the hitsounds the length of a music file, thats all (look in the editor and play one import). So disabling DT while in mid play won't work (another bug?). I was able to find this bug thanks to this.
Trosk-

abraker wrote:

So disabling DT while in mid play won't work (another bug?).
Seems like... this is getting weirder... But counting is a really new feature, this thing could happen, I guess.
Bara-
Ogg's are nowadays no longer supporter IIRC
Or that may be for songs them self
VeilStar

baraatje123 wrote:

Ogg's are nowadays no longer supporter IIRC
I'm pretty sure it's never been recommended, and I vaguely recall it being unrankable, though I can't find anything on the wiki that states this.
With that said, I'm not sure if this is considered an issue or not. I'm not going to confirm this unless I'm told otherwise.
TheVileOne
It isn't officially against the rules to use .ogg files. .ogg files are as supported now as they have always been. They have never been fully supported.
Topic Starter
abraker
I was playing this map [4k HD] on DT when I suddenly heard samples that were pitched up. Since it's a ranked map (and after checking for myself), it doesn't have any .ogg samples. So .wav files are affected after all.
Topic Starter
abraker
Come back to the 1st page! I'm not done with this bug.
VeilStar
I was going to get around to figuring out exactly when this happens but I still haven't... Maybe one day.

Confirming.

For now at least: this seems to be mania specific (and doesn't happen on auto-converts it would seem).
Rilene
Sorry for necro-posting, but it also happens to HT too, but it is downpitched instead.

Just saying because nobody mention about HT yet.
Trosk-

Sirade wrote:

Sorry for necro-posting, but it also happens to HT too, but it is downpitched instead.

Just saying because nobody mention about HT yet.
I believe that this has been said somewhere. Not on this thread, but somewhere. (Probably on CE thread.)
Rilene

Trosk- wrote:

I believe that this has been said somewhere. Not on this thread, but somewhere. (Probably on CE thread.)
Oh.
Bara-
After looking a little, this feels intended due to an option in the editor (well, probably not)
This way I can replicate in the other modes too
Go to the editor
Go to song setup
Go to audio
Click: Match Samples' play back speed with music's (I don't know how this is worded)
When you do this, slowing the playback speed to 25-50, and the sounds get changed (even in pitch)
This has to be my fav function of the editor so far
One question though, is usage of it in non-keysounded maps rankable?
show more