forum

[Archived] "Your Offset" and "Online Offset"

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Purpzuki
Not exactly a problem, but I couldn't find any better area in the forums to post this. What does the "Your Offset: 0ms / Online Offset: +17ms" mean?
VeilStar
"Your Offset" is the offset you set for the beatmap specifically. This can be done with the + and - keys. It's generally recommended to leave it at 0 unless you feel that the map's offset is incorrect. This is also known as the Local Offset.

"Online Offset" is the offset set by a QAT (or GMT, if I recall correctly). It's basically used if the map has an incorrect offset but has already been ranked. This way the map gets played at the correct offset (in multiplayer for example) without the user having to manually adjust it.

In both cases the offset basically pushes the hit objects back in relation to the song by the amount entered in miliseconds.

And while this wasn't in your question: You also have Universal Offset. This can be found in the options menu. This offset pushes all audio back by the amount entered in miliseconds.

All offsets are used to sync the audio with the beatmap.
Dirty Dane
Sorry to revive a dead post, but as a follow up question. Is it generally bad to have a different local offset on a map compared to the online offset?

Should I be adjusting my local offset to match the online offset? is the question I am asking here.
Mivi_MA

Dirty Dane wrote:

Sorry to revive a dead post, but as a follow up question. Is it generally bad to have a different local offset on a map compared to the online offset?

Should I be adjusting my local offset to match the online offset? is the question I am asking here.

from what i understand, your online offset is automatically applied or whatever to the map. you can still change it locally though but i dont suggest changing local offset unless the song doesnt match the map at all and you cant read it