forum

[Archived] updated, all old osu songs are gone?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ebola pandemic
i've been playing osu on and off for a couple years (4-5? idr), and today i opened osu. the updates that defaulted me to full screen & the welcoming voice were surprising, but i could fix those

my issue is that all my maps are gone, replaced by seven or so

is that an intended effect of the new patch, or did something happen? if so, is it something that can be fixed?
peppy
Sounds like you opened a new installation of osu!. Find your old one.
Topic Starter
ebola pandemic
i've had a shortcut to the songs folder on the desktop, and that's the one that's empty--would a new download change the destination of a shortcut as well?

in the process of searching, not entirely sure where the old download would have moved to :< thank you though, will keep searching
Trosk-
Like peppy said, seems like you have two installations of it. Try to find the old one and move your beatmaps to the new installation. Maybe the Windows search option could be usefull here :P
Andrea
If you have more than one partition in your computer, make sure to search there as well just to make sure.

Anyway, best thing could be to use Windows Search Function like Trosk suggested, you could try searching for the "osu!" folder or the "Songs" folder.

Also, about your shortcut, probably it changed to your new osu! installation, that's why you see it that way.