forum

[Archived] Beatmaps being corrupt everytime I launch osu

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Fun
Sometimes when I launch osu my a error pops up saying MY beatmaps are corrupt, but the game still laucnhs i just have to basically reload every beatmap I have, its annoying and if possible to fix, would be nice!
Flanster
I suggest you try moving osu!.db out of your osu! folder and let it rebuild a new one.
Topic Starter
Fun
Well I can't really tell if it worked, because the error was so inconsistent, but Ill try it. Thank you!
Trosk-
The way that LoliFlan told you should be fine.
BioCodeX
i have the same problem did the thing of removing the osu!.db but still having the problem
Trosk-

BioCodeX wrote:

i have the same problem did the thing of removing the osu!.db but still having the problem
Are you sure that your beatmaps are on "Songs" folder? If you do and you have actually the same problem as the OP, I believe that the same solution should work. Did your beatmaps reprocess when you went to the beatmap list after removing the osu!.db file?
BioCodeX
yes they did reprocess and it gave me the corrupt message and removed every new beatmap and kept the basic ones
Trosk-

BioCodeX wrote:

yes they did reprocess and it gave me the corrupt message and removed every new beatmap and kept the basic ones
If you import a new beatmap do you get that problem?
BioCodeX
i tried both ways

download -> Copy/paste to song folder
and
download -> Execute directly

in both ways the beatmap is corrupted or incomplet transfer to failed folder
VeilStar
@ BioCodeX
Seems like you have some permissions issues going on.
BioCodeX
how can i fix it ?

to note that i can change skins
abraker
Run osu! as admin.
BioCodeX
i gave all the rights to Osu! ran it as admin still the same problem
Trosk-

BioCodeX wrote:

i gave all the rights to Osu! ran it as admin still the same problem
Do what MillhioreF mentioned in this thread: t/342599

MillhioreF wrote:

Most likely, you've got one or two beatmaps that are broken.

To find them, you'll want to do what's called a binary search. Move half of your maps out of the Songs folder and see if the crashes still happen.
If they do, the corrupted map wasn't in that half, so you'll have to remove another half.
If they don't, the corrupted map is somewhere in the batch you removed, so put half of the maps from that batch back in.
Repeat until there are only corrupt maps left, or if you don't have that kind of patience, repeat until the game doesn't crash and you've recovered most of your maps.

If you do find a map that's definitely broken and causing crashes, could you upload it for us? We may be able to figure out what's gone wrong and stop it from crashing the game in the future. If you're getting any kind of error details (if a crying pippi appears, click her to see them) those would be nice to have as well.
BioCodeX
sorry guys i surrender did every thing still anything i download and add get moved to failed the only song working are the ones with the installer
TheVileOne
It would be helpful to provide a copy of a failed osu.db file for analysis.