forum

[resolved] Wierd mouse movements in game

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Novalogic
Problem Details:

With no reason after an hour or so since turning on osu! my mouse movements became very weird. When i drag mouse the same distance, once it moves cursor through the whole screen, and another time it won't get even past half of the screen. To explain it more speciffiicly, it's feeling like cursor would often drag something heavy behind it and won't go faster, it slows down no matter how fast i move my mouse. It's not mouse defect since the problem only occurs in game, outside of osu! it works fine. I didn't change any settings and yes - i checked them in game options, everything is as it's supposed to be. Any idea how can i fix this?

Video or screenshot showing the problem: kinda hard show something like that on picture or video :/

osu! version: 20150611.3cuttingedge ( but problem isn't related to cutting edge game client - i tried switching to stable one and the problem is still there )
Trosk-
Try to repair osu!.. It fixed this type of problems for some people. Open osu! while holding Shift and click on the repair osu! button. I'm not sure if it will work tho.

Edit: Obviously like mostbrainwhyyes said you should have mouse acceleration disabled.
mostbrainwhyyes
Go(type) to mouse: Pointer options: unclick enhance pointer precision
From the start menu. I could be wrong though.
Topic Starter
Novalogic
I already said i installed new, stable version all over again, and i also said i did check out all in-game relevant options. I played with mouse for 5 years, so it's quite silly to think i wouldn't know about switching acceleration off ;x
THE FLAT EARTH
Same issue, tablet movement looks really strange because of this.
Raw input on, windows 6/11 without accel, 1 sens in osu!
xXmcgamer2004Xx
I have it aswell , it just randomly appeared.

Its not my mouse because i only have it in osu!
RvNovae
Did you turn your sensitivity down by accident?
xXmcgamer2004Xx

Olivarus wrote:

Did you turn your sensitivity down by accident?
No this didn't happen, some people like us randomly have gotten this weird acceleration
RvNovae
Did you try updating your mouse drivers?
xXmcgamer2004Xx
i just got my logitech g402 so it can't be outdated lol
xXmcgamer2004Xx

Novalogic wrote:

Problem Details:

With no reason after an hour or so since turning on osu! my mouse movements became very weird. When i drag mouse the same distance, once it moves cursor through the whole screen, and another time it won't get even past half of the screen. To explain it more speciffiicly, it's feeling like cursor would often drag something heavy behind it and won't go faster, it slows down no matter how fast i move my mouse. It's not mouse defect since the problem only occurs in game, outside of osu! it works fine. I didn't change any settings and yes - i checked them in game options, everything is as it's supposed to be. Any idea how can i fix this?

Video or screenshot showing the problem: kinda hard show something like that on picture or video :/

osu! version: 20150611.3cuttingedge ( but problem isn't related to cutting edge game client - i tried switching to stable one and the problem is still there )
Did you already solve this problem? I still have it and considering reinstalling windows just for osu!.....
Joe Joe-
I also feel something is off with cursor moment, I myself use a tablet, and it feels as though my cursor is lagging behind and it's too loose, if that makes any sense.
Trosk-

Joe Joe- wrote:

I also feel something is off with cursor moment, I myself use a tablet, and it feels as though my cursor is lagging behind and it's too loose, if that makes any sense.
Maybe you have input lag. If you are on Windows 7 and you want to play windowed disable Aero. If you are on Windows 8, just play Full Screen.

Btw, if you have a Wacom tablet, you should have the latest drivers, there are some drivers that cause input lag too.
Joe Joe-

Trosk- wrote:

Joe Joe- wrote:

Maybe you have input lag. If you are on Windows 7 and you want to play windowed disable Aero. If you are on Windows 8, just play Full Screen.

Btw, if you have a Wacom tablet, you should have the latest drivers, there are some drivers that cause input lag too.
I have Windows 8.1 to be more exact and really I've been playing windowed since I started, and that has never really been my hindrance. This problem only started 4 days ago, it even affects my mouse, it's like a delay and slight mouse acceleration, even though I have it turned off and have the latest drivers. I actually did have the same problem back in February which I presumed to be a pen problem which then I got a new pen, and now I highly doubt it's a pen problem, maybe tablet? I've got no idea..
Trosk-

Joe Joe- wrote:

I have Windows 8.1 to be more exact and really I've been playing windowed since I started, and that has never really been my hindrance. This problem only started 4 days ago, it even affects my mouse, it's like a delay and slight mouse acceleration, even though I have it turned off and have the latest drivers. I actually did have the same problem back in February which I presumed to be a pen problem which then I got a new pen, and now I highly doubt it's a pen problem, maybe tablet? I've got no idea..
It's an input lag problem. Like I said earlier, play Full Screen if you don't want to play with input lag.

Also, try the Letterboxing feature on Cutting Edge if you want to play on Full Screen (no input lag) but with smaller window.
Topic Starter
Novalogic
Problem still exists. When i play with tablet it's ok, but with mouse cursor sometimes randomly slows down for a second or two, then goes back to normal only to slow down again in a moment :/
It is noticeable when i feel i should aim perfectly on note, but cursor just stops half way to the circle... Never had this problem before, i think the issue originates in one of the updates ~~ 2 weeks ago

e: i can't play with mouse at all because of that :/ random slow every couple seconds :/ happens only in osu

e2: I tried switching raw input off, and seems like cursor doesn't slow down with it turned off. However i don't think this is solution :/ As far as i can reach with my memory i always played without windows acceleration ( raw input ), and with it being turned off mouse feels completely different.
dyle
I've had a similar issue. Can you guys upload a screenshot of your client after pressing Ctrl+F11 on the beta or cutting edge client? It may be frequent FPS drops.
Tom94
This issue lies with raw input itself and unfortunately isn't really fixable since the raw input osu! is receiving itself is borked. Even big games such as CG:GO have the same issue with raw input.

Please disable raw input if you experience this and at the same time remove windows cursor acceleration to circumvent the problem.
xXmcgamer2004Xx

Tom94 wrote:

This issue lies with raw input itself and unfortunately isn't really fixable since the raw input osu! is receiving itself is borked. Even big games such as CG:GO have the same issue with raw input.

Please disable raw input if you experience this and at the same time remove windows cursor acceleration to circumvent the problem.
reinstalling windows helped for me :^)
TheVileOne
That's good to hear!
show more