forum

REDALiCE - Porky of Porky of Porky of Porky

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
K-S-O
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Friday, September 26, 2008 at 9:38:12 PM

Artist: REDALiCE
Title: Porky of Porky of Porky of Porky
BPM: 172
Filesize: 8106kb
Play Time: 03:23
Difficulties Available:
  1. Marshmallow (0.68 stars, 147 notes)
  2. Yokuba (3.51 stars, 269 notes)
  3. Pig King (4.77 stars, 369 notes)
  4. Ultimate Chimera (5 stars, 558 notes)
Download: REDALiCE - Porky of Porky of Porky of Porky
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Quite an unusual title this song has. Well, here's my newest beatmap for REDALiCE's techno remix of the Porky-bot battle theme from Mother 3 (the Japan-only sequel to Earthbound) with a bit of Porky's Theme thrown in.
James
All is good I suppose, its a little bit wierd for me after the change of timing sections. I get lots of 100s. But whenever I check it in editor it sounds fine.

anyways, /me stars for now.
Topic Starter
K-S-O
Do you mean that you get 100's when you click at the moment the outer circles reach the border? If that's the case then that is strange. I never had that problem during the test and when I played it from the song menu. (unless it's the Insane map for obvious reasons... :oops: )
Topic Starter
K-S-O
Made a few changes to the Easy and Hard beatmaps. Just had them updated.
MaybeLater_x
Normal and Hard are excellent, loved them. :] Insane, however, is truly insane... I'm not sure if you're making the fade on the notes a little too fast. I think you should give the player a little more time to see where the next beat is, and also you have lots of groups of threes which are packed really tightly together. I don't find it humanly possible to be able to click your mouse that quickly... I think you should get rid of those groups of threes and slow down the fade-in rate a little.
Otherwise, excellent map. :)

Edit: I've changed my mind. :P Insane mode should stay as it is.
Why hasn't this been ranked yet? :/
James

K-S-O wrote:

Do you mean that you get 100's when you click at the moment the outer circles reach the border? If that's the case then that is strange. I never had that problem during the test and when I played it from the song menu. (unless it's the Insane map for obvious reasons... :oops: )

I'm just playing my usual, following the music not the circles, I get 300s for the first part and then it suddenly changes to 100s whenever I'm at the second timing section~end.
I'll take a look at it again after, I'm too sleepy atm :(

EDIT: OKAY I checked this after posted this post XD
Try these timing sections I made, I tried this on your insane though.
144 bpm and 60564 offset
155.14 bpm and 63810 offset
168.28 bpm and 66900 offset
I doubt these will help though because I suck at multiple sections.

BUT WAIT THERES MORE!
You also receive.. I mean you need to change these things on insane.
01:08:32 and the likes of this before and/or after this circle, move it farther from the note before.
01:45:62 - put a little gap before 5 and after 3, do this to all similar stuffs out there.
03:29:48 - this long spinner and long slider reminds me of Agony Insane.
03:51:63 - this combo too. :)
Topic Starter
K-S-O
@MaybeLater_x: Of course it's Insane. I designed that map for those who could pass the hardest difficulties of Saitama2000, Marisa Stole the Precious Thing, Wizards in Winters, and the like. Glad you liked it.

@James: I made some of the changes you suggested. I checked my original timing and compared it with the timing you suggested. I don't think it makes much of a difference. Also, I don't find that slider and spinner to be too long. For now I'll keep those as it is. If others think I should shorten that slider and spinner, I'll change them.
James
I'm not saying you change the spinner and slider. :)
Topic Starter
K-S-O
Oh. You had them listed under things I could change so I thought that's what you asked for. :oops:
James
Nah I just love the map you made before. and destroyed my playcount by trying to pass it starting on rank 800 without no fail on
Topic Starter
K-S-O
Sounds like the responses I got for my insane map for Agony. I guess I succeeded for this one.
Topic Starter
K-S-O
So any comments or suggestions? I could use a few more.
James
another "im not sure" thing by me. +10 offset on all sections? dont move it if it feels the same and kinda off
insane:
hmmm i just feel like insane is ALOT more easier than before, i did not FC it (i suck playing now) but i just feel like it is somewhat *too* easy for an insane map. something like burai's cave story map.

i think widening up the gap of the space between notes should do the trick (use 0.6 or 0.7 distance snap but i prefer using 1.0 for those who want to get 20mil and make themselves proud actually 1.0 is still too easy, and adjust those non stacked streams to your liking. another thing... set the drain rate to 8.

hard:
its OK semi too easy-ish especially for hidden players out there.

easy and normal:
judging by the way you did hard and insane, there shouldnt be a problem to these difficulties. im not lazy! i just glanced by abit though.
i like the tickrate on easy :)
Topic Starter
K-S-O
My insane beatmap gets a name change and suddenly it's too easy? I suppose those who played those CRAAAZY beatmaps mentioned in this thread previously, and passed them, would have no problem with this. I suppose I'll try those changes you suggested James, though I feel 1.0 might be a bit too wide.
James
you changed the long non stacked streams into sliders

1.0 spacing would be look like molgera insane
Topic Starter
K-S-O
I'm pretty sure I didn't make a change like that.

Well, I re-uploaded the map with the 1.0 spacing in Ultimate Chimera mode. Boy, does that look crazy! Are you sure that's still too easy?
James
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
K-S-O
Thought I could attempt to increase the difficulty. Might have been too much...

Okay, I made the adjustments.
James
OKAY last one: tone down drain by one more knot. sorry XD
i still fail whenever i get straight 100s
ill bubble this after changing it.
Topic Starter
K-S-O
Okay. HP drain has been lowered.

show more