forum

[confirmed] Incorrect background when quickly changing a song

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Igoorx
Problem Details:
When you change the map quickly the background of a map stays in the other, I believe that to happen because of a background being heavier to load than the other.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

I could also do the opposite

osu! version: 20150414.2
abraker
Reminded me of that thumbnail bug a month or so back. Is it a certain map or some random maps?
Topic Starter
Igoorx
After some attempts, i can't replicate this with another maps, only with maps at top and bottom of "Everything will freeze" in my song list, Unlike what I thought, it seems that only happens with him or relative with him.

note: From what i saw, this does not work with opengl because of a freeze in the game to load a background.
VeilStar
I can't replicate this (on any release stream). Could you see if this happens on the latest cuttingedge build aswell? Also, can anyone else replicate this?
Ayesha Altugle
Just press the left arrow and right arrow as really fast since it happens if you do it really quick (once) and you can replicate it.

Can be low priority since it does not affect osu! that much.

osu! Version: b20150414.2
Release Stream: Stable
RvNovae
I tried quite some time on the latest Cutting Edge build but I wasn't able to replicate this.
[ Setsuna ]
Problem Details:
if one finds two maps with similar names (in my case it's Primtemps - Eien Friends and BoA - Eien) and presses the left and right arrow key the map will display the wrong bg. You may have to try pressing it multiple times to get it to work.

Try DLing both of those maps and going to Eien Friends then try to replicate it!

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/3339981

osu! version: latest stable
Ayesha Altugle
Duplicate thread: Incorrect background when quickly changing a song

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Merged
VeilStar
Merged threads.

I still can't replicate this. Could someone that can please see if it happens on cuttingedge aswell?

Confirming for now.
abraker
I can't replicate this on CE with any of the 6 versions of Crossing Field nor 2 version of Answer is Near maps I have. You will have to find a more specific cause than pressing left and right on maps with similar names.
[ Setsuna ]

VeilStar wrote:

Merged threads.

I still can't replicate this. Could someone that can please see if it happens on cuttingedge aswell?

Confirming for now.

cutting edge latest build :)
instead of pressing left and right really fast i just hit them both. You should try it
VeilStar

[ Setsuna ] wrote:

You should try it
I did, even if it was as tight as humanly possible I couldn't trigger this. It just switches backgrounds (correctly) that quickly for me. Anyway, thanks for that.

If 3 people can replicate it across release streams I guess that's enough.
Trosk-
I could only get it on Stable on various maps, but not in Cutting Edge... The maps were Eien - Eien friends and both Emotional Skyscraper ~ World's End.

Ayesha Altugle
Well, title change?

I suggest:
Wrong BG when changing to a song with a similar title

And due to the way the bug could be replicated, It is suggested to move this to low priority.
VeilStar
Moved to Low Priority.
abraker
Came across it on latest beta. Seems to affect primarily pending maps with multiple mp3's in the mapset, where each diff has a different song.