forum

[Archived] I'd like to get same sensitivity for osu as my other games

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
-MuhQ
Or vice versa actually.

Currently my settings are 6/11 from windows and 800dpi from mouse.

Osu mouse settings are raw input thingy and 1.2x from sensitivity.

On other game I have:

Dirty Bomb (name of the game)
Sensitivity: MouseSensitivity=12
360° rotation: 17.3397 cm

If you don't know what I should put in other game to get the same sensitivity as in Osu, can you at least tell me what the 1.2x stands for, is it 1.2x my dpi or what?

Thanks in advance.
VeilStar

xXxMLG_AimxXx wrote:

If you don't know what I should put in other game to get the same sensitivity as in Osu, can you at least tell me what the 1.2x stands for, is it 1.2x my dpi or what?
1.2x is the sensitivity multiplier.
For example, if you your cursor travels 1000 pixels horizontally when moving your mouse 1 inch to the right, it will now travel 1200 pixels when moving your mouse 1 inch to the right.

Anyhow, 2d cursor movement to 3d camera movement is a pretty thing.
You're more than likely better off adjusting the sensitivity in Dirty Bomb untill it feels right to you.

Otherwise try this. Though it's a pain.
Measure how many milimeters (or whatever distance unit) it takes for your mouse to go from one the left edge of your screen to the right edge in osu!. Then figure out what FOV (field of view) the other game is set to, and then adjust your sensitivity in that game untill the same distance you first measured turns your character the same amount of degrees as the FOV, or, if this feels better to you, untill your character turns exactly 90°. Do keep in mind to move your mouse only left/right, and not forward/backwards.
Topic Starter
-MuhQ

VeilStar wrote:

xXxMLG_AimxXx wrote:

1.2x is the sensitivity multiplier.
For example, if you your cursor travels 1000 pixels horizontally when moving your mouse 1 inch to the right, it will now travel 1200 pixels when moving your mouse 1 inch to the right.

Anyhow, 2d cursor movement to 3d camera movement is a pretty thing.
You're more than likely better off adjusting the sensitivity in Dirty Bomb untill it feels right to you.

Otherwise try this. Though it's a pain.
Measure how many milimeters (or whatever distance unit) it takes for your mouse to go from one the left edge of your screen to the right edge in osu!. Then figure out what FOV (field of view) the other game is set to, and then adjust your sensitivity in that game untill the same distance you first measured turns your character the same amount of degrees as the FOV, or, if this feels better to you, untill your character turns exactly 90°. Do keep in mind to move your mouse only left/right, and not forward/backwards.
Thank you, from left to right in Osu the distance was just 5cm, while my FOV in Dirty bomb is 70, I turned 90 degrees anyway and that was 4,5cm. (And 70 degrees would be like 3,6cm I think)

I'm feeling too tired now to understand what I'm doing :D Any suggestions? Or can you tell if I am close to my Osu sensitivity in Dirty bomb now?
TheVileOne
Really if you are that concerned with it you would be willing to do some trial and error to fine tune your settings. Surely the "good enough" window is quite large.