forum

[Archived] Osu! has stopped working

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Chaos4livez
Problem Details:

Every time i try to do something osu related windows says "osu! has stopped working. Windows is checking for a solution to the problem." This happens whenever I use the installer, open it and even uninstalling osu! I've tried many of the fixes like updating windows, uninstalling and reinstalling .net frameworks and restarting my computer, however none of these have worked.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20150414.2 (latest)
abraker
Hmmm, I wouldn't advise to uninstall osu!, and you say reinstalling the .Net Frameworks didn't help. How old is your computer and has this issue been there from the beginning?

Also some crash logs won't hurt. From Veilstar:
You can get to the Event Viewer by going to Control Panel\System and Security\Administrative Tools and then opening Event Viewer.
At the left, under Windows Logs, click Application, and click on the event that matches osu!'s crash.
Then copy/paste what's inside box under General in here.
Topic Starter
Chaos4livez
My event viewer also doesn't work.
Do you think it would be possible to fix without crash logs as I have no way to get them?

VeilStar
Well that's messed up...

What version of the .NET Framework do you currently have installed? Have you tried uninstalling it and then installing the latest version? I'm also just going to drop this in here, just in case.