forum

MEGA & Tatsh - Weave Detonator [OsuMania]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ciel
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Wednesday, June 15, 2016 at 4:15:07 PM

Artist: MEGA & Tatsh
Title: Weave Detonator
Tags: WHITE MUTATION
BPM: 180
Filesize: 12352kb
Play Time: 05:16
Difficulties Available:
  1. Unraveling Destruction - 7Key (8.21 stars, 5757 notes)
Download: MEGA & Tatsh - Weave Detonator
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
_
_
_

Die.
Bobbias
i refuse. or more correctly, i will refuse sometime in the future when i can fucking pass this monster.
Topic Starter
Ciel
Credits post:

BG by Jepetski
Hitsound files from LordRaika's userpage.

Thanks to:
Kami for encouraging me to get this shit done.
MWC 7K Finals Round for giving me my testplays.
Anyone who wasted their time looking at this crap.
You! For actually reading this stuff here.
Topic Starter
Ciel
Maniera gave me hope.

Let's try to do this.
Nivrad00
Good luck with the hardest ranked map ever X_X

There's really nothing I can say about something this hard. I'm not good enough to judge the playability, and it's so dense any mistakes are impossible to notice. Here's some suggestions anyways, so you can say you've got some mods lol

1|2|3|4|5|6|7

00:34:078 - if you change the 1.4x speeds to 1.9x here, then the distance between each chord will look the same as if it was 1x. i mean it's already pretty easy to read, so this is just if you wanna. i consider it good practice
00:57:745 - pretty big sound, maybe add a note
01:07:995 - ghost note?
02:37:745 - I know I've pointed this out before, but it's really too hard for such a light sound. i mean just look at it with the LNs turned into single notes
03:27:412 - neat SV
04:44:078 - lmfao I can't believe you stuck LN in the middle of this burst

ok have fun!! Sorry I can't give an actually useful mod
Topic Starter
Ciel

Nivrad00 wrote:

Good luck with the hardest ranked map ever X_X

There's really nothing I can say about something this hard. I'm not good enough to judge the playability, and it's so dense any mistakes are impossible to notice. Here's some suggestions anyways, so you can say you've got some mods lol

1|2|3|4|5|6|7

00:34:078 - if you change the 1.4x speeds to 1.9x here, then the distance between each chord will look the same as if it was 1x. i mean it's already pretty easy to read, so this is just if you wanna. i consider it good practice I tried 1.9x beforehand, but it seems to put the notes much further up the screen, so it becomes annoying to read. At least for my scroll speed, 1.4x puts the notes in the dead center of the screen.
00:57:745 - pretty big sound, maybe add a note Added to 7 for now. Might try adding to 2 sometime later.
01:07:995 - ghost note? Don't think so? Though the sound is a lot softer compared to the other drum notes
02:37:745 - I know I've pointed this out before, but it's really too hard for such a light sound. i mean just look at it with the LNs turned into single notes Removed some notes
03:27:412 - neat SV :D. I might some more SV's in later
04:44:078 - lmfao I can't believe you stuck LN in the middle of this burst HAHAHAHya.... I'm going to rework the bursts a bit lot more later (thanks blocko aragami). This burst is going to be noticeably harder than the other bursts though.

ok have fun!! Sorry I can't give an actually useful mod
Ty for mod! ~~
Topic Starter
Ciel
Ok I'm getting this shit done. Hitsounds are incoming (34% done atm), patterns have been checked a billion times by myself (there's still one mistake I noticed that I haven't fixed btw (yes i'm doing this again)). Mods are welcome, feedback is welcome, free cookies are welcome.

A couple things I won't be changing, as they pretty much define this map:
1. The bursts. I've spent quite a bit of time making these bursts as playable as possible, while also making them become progressively harder as the map goes on. Many of the initial bursts are FCable, and all bursts are spammable (just press all 7 keys a few times, the bursts are designed for you to be able to pass).
2. Certain SV's. There is one somewhat controversial SV at 02:45:745 - , which I believe should be fine to keep. Since it is the only SV that requires prior memorization in the entire song, I feel that it is perfectly fine to have one such thing in a map.

Also it would be nice if I could somehow get a SB for this map, but it isn't remotely necessary, and I care enough to require one for this map to be a thing. Maybe someday I'll learn to make SB's myself or something.

EDIT: AND HITSOUNDS ARE FINALLY DONE! NEVER DOING THIS AGAIN!
Kamikaze
Length: 5:16 (4:50 drain)
you might actually need to map at least a part of the intro
Topic Starter
Ciel
Pretty sure that the super long LN at the end also counts as drain time? It extends precisely up to 5m. Maybe I'll bug someone about it later.

Alternatively I could just map the intro. Would be a lot neater if I didn't have to though.
Kamikaze
Actually yeah you're right, it's exactly 5:00:00, though that last LN is a bit too long for the sound imo so you could maybe shorten it and make a LN around here 00:24:745 - for the whoosh like buildup sound
Topic Starter
Ciel
That actually works out pretty well.

Added an SV to the beginning to go with that change as well.
DeletedUser_259972
holy shit this is MWC2015 final song right

IF I HARDLY PASS IT HOW DAFUQ DO I MOD IT :o

I'll give you star instead :/
Topic Starter
Ciel
Self modding I guess, if not even jakads is willing to mod thisi ._.. It is worth noting that I have already gone through this proccess multiple times already, but I guess I decided to document this time. Maybe I can use this as an example of how to actually write a good mod? I will write my initial "mod" in black, and reply in my usual red/blue/green style. In addition, I'll include additional comments for various sections of this map in gray, as points which I would not expect to be mentioned in a normal mod. For future reference, here is a link to the osz I was using when self modding this time around, in case this gets used as an example.
[Patterning]00:24:745 - This LN starts pretty early, without much sound accompaining it. Maybe possibly remove it? Doing this would lead to the need to extend the LN at the end of the song in order to keep its marathon length, and that LN is already quite long. I could instead add a hitsound to emphasize this a bit more, but I'll need to dig around a bit to do that.
00:26:078 - Minor note, but this entire intro section is a bit more dense on the right than the left. While the chords are slightly more right hand biased, the left hand typically has to deal with more LNs. The end result is that everything is somewhat balanced, and its fine (probably).

00:46:078 - Bit tricky/awkward to play, maybe rearrange some things? Especially possibly 00:46:745 - , moving 4 to 6 might work out better. In this case, I'm balancing out in case of someone that is a left thumb user, such that they don't just play boring LNs the whole time. Also, this is a boss map, they can handle a little bit of awkwardness :P

00:47:412 - In this next part, with the exception of the intro to every other measure, I keep the right and left hand completely separate, without using the middle key at all, in order to emphasis this fact. Note how one side holds a consistent rhythm, while the other is far more inconsistent, following that other sound.
00:48:412 - Maybe try moving 6 to 3? Might emphasis the left/right hand split even more. That actually works out pretty nicely. Done.
00:51:078 - Same as above. Yup. This actually makes the section a bit harder, but shouldn't be a problem to anybody that can actually pass this map.
00:50:745 - Try moving 3 to 2? Mostly if you follow the suggestionn above, kinda gives an alternating between 2/3 feeling between the chords. Seems ok. Went with it.
00:52:078 - Also move the 2 notes here to from 3 to 2, same idea as above. Not so good in this case. the awkward releasing and holding of the notes in 1 is already quite a bit to deal with, having to also have the extra awkwardness of having the note on 2 instead of 3 is bleeeeh.
00:53:745 - Same as before about chords on one side. Done.
00:56:412 - I mean look, you actually did that here. Lol ya riip.
00:53:412 - In order to do the alternating thing, try moving 5 to 6...
00:54:745 - And 5 to 6 again. Should work out. That works I guess.
Note how this section of modding was mostly done while keeping the idea to split hands. I wouldn't expect everyone to catch on to the fact that this was my idea here, but the benefits of keeping that mappers intentions in mind is always a nice plus (yes I'm cheating by self modding). Note that if I didn't really care for mapper intention, I could have said to spread out all the notes for more balance like the first section, but that would lead to pretty worthless info as a result.

01:08:662 - The minijack on 2 is awful. I'm sorry. The rest of the map contains even worse things though, so I don't think I need to change this. Shoooould be fine, even though the beginning is intentionally easier (honestly, its preeettty easy).
01:18:745 - There's a lack of notes on 3 during this section, maybe rearrange? Tried to I guess? Can't really tell how it plays, though I know that Sern noticed when he was playing. Might try rearranging some more later.

01:43:162 - Maybe extend a LN here or something? There's that long sound. In this section, I constantly alternate what the rice and the LNs are actually representing every measure. Thus, the rice note actually represents the long note, while the LN is representing the drums/constant bg noise instead.
This is an example of a point that I wouldn't be able to apply to my map particularly well, if one didn't pay attention to the section as a whole, realizing this fact. This is why it is sometimes not a good idea to mod patterns in isolation to others. In fact, later on in the song, there is almost an entire minute which builds on itself. I'll come back to that when we get there.
01:41:828 - Antishield? Rearrange? Personally don't consider anti-shields as hard, or even more difficult to press than normal notes really. Shields on the other hand....
01:54:995 - Move 2 to 5? More spaced out and stuff. While I would do this most of the time, the fact that the next measure has an incredibly long chain of notes on 5 that are basically foced by my LNs (which are using PR), it feels nice to include 2 such chains, rather than justs one random one. I consider to emphasis this theme by making a fairly long chain on 4 in the measure following as well.
02:00:745 - The first of the (probably notorious) bursts. I went through many iterations of this, before finally settling down on the structure and ordering of the bursts in this map. All of the bursts are intended to be as balanced as possible, and they generally increase with difficulty to read with any precision at all. For example, this first burst begins with outside to inside sweeps, followed by right to left sweeps. I've put a lot of time into these, so I hope nobody gets too mad at these existing ._.

02:31:412 - A fairly ridiculous idea you could pull here is try adding an extra layer to this, so 3 notes at a time, with a couple instances of 4 notes. Note that you already do this at 05:14:078 - . In this case, I'm already building up to this. Note how at 02:32:078 - , I begin usingn 3 notes per chord instead.
02:32:745 - Right to left sweeps, followed by left to right sweeps

02:46:078 - Ok, so the layering here is actually kinda complicated, so let me go over this. First, we have the rice, going in the pattern 2-3-2-3 every beat, emphasising the kick/snare. There is also one set of LNs representing the main sound that changes, as well as many short LNs, representing the background wubs. The main challenge of this section is actually keeping everything in check accuracy wise, which is fairly difficult to do, considering its not too hard to just clear this section.
03:06:078 - Surprisingly, given that this bursts density is the lowest, it is also not as easily spammable, and thus likely to catch some people off guard as a result.
03:14:412 - LN on 2 should end here. Oops mistake. Actually I noticed a while back, and left it here as a way to see how many people would actually notice this. But considering that nobody is modding this map anyways...

04:01:328 - Though not intentional, this burst ended up being the easiest, as it is only an outside to inside sweep that doesn't transition to anything else.

04:02:078 - The beginning of the buildup section. While mapping this, I referred to them as phases, as in phases of a final boss. So therefore...
Phase 1: Single Stream + Chords

04:10:078 - Maybe you can try to get a little bit more PR worked into here? I kinda of already do? Notice how it repeats 754 3 times, then 421, then 532, then 643. I guess it might not seem noticeable, but the PR is there still. I can rearrange to make it more obvious if somebody complains about it again though, but its meant to be more subtle.
Phase 2: Phase 1 + One More Stream
Phase 3: Phase 2 + LNs for Synth
04:27:412 - Rearranged a few wnotes here for PR purposes on the other hand. And yes, you can still care about PR at this high of a density.
Phase 4: Phase 3 + LNs for Wubs - 1 note on chords
Final Attack: lol have fun. (Actually extremely structured if you look hard enough).

05:15:412 - The final burst. Somewhat tricky, as you can't find nice and easy sweep patterns through this. But you somehow got through the bosses final attack, so I'm sure you'll be fine if you made it this far ^_^
05:16:745 - Shorten this LN? Can't because then it isn't a marathon anymore ._.
[SVs]00:34:078 - This has already been discussed before, but I decided to make these SV's not follow the usual 1.0x rule, as the gap between these notes would be quite ridiculous to be honest. This still ends up being a 0.75x net SV, which is perfectly reasonable to read, even on a sightread

00:36:412 - Maybe make this SV 1.40x instead? To continue off of what was previously the 1.40x speed increase. This results in the next part scrolling a bit too fast after testing it. I decided to stick with 1.20x in the end after testing a couple speeds (note that 1.00x feels a bit too slow transition nicely)
00:47:412 - I see you are trying to use a laggy ish SV on the sounds which the middle LN is being held, but currently the split is 1.8x/.1x. This results in the scroll speed having a small net decrease (.95x), which is not significant or noticeable. You should either try to go for something like 1.9x/.1x to keep the scroll speed constant, or maybe move it down to 1.7x/.1x speed for an average of .9x, something somewhat more noticeable. I went with 1.7x/.1x in this case. I was trying to make this section feel somewhat sticky and hard to get through, so this slower scroll speed works better in this case.
00:56:745 - Possibly make these a bit mroe drastic? Like, 1.7x/.3x or even more? This wasn't meant to be a major SV effect here, and with the short interval, 1.5x/.5x makes this seem fairly soft and not really affect reading. In this case, 1.5x/.5x turns out fine for this purpose.
00:57:745 - Add more lag SV's on the 1/16ths during the slowdown? As I've found, 1/16th lag SVs are basically unoticeable, and pretty much worthlhess. If someone would like to correct me on that I would be glad, but I seriously cannot tell the difference

01:09:078 - Why not try adding some more bump SV's here? Personally think that the song has picked up back to normalcy at this point, so the bumps aren't entirely necessarily anymore. (Also transitions badly with later patterning/SVs in this section as well).

02:35:412 - Man these SVs are a bitch to deal with.
02:45:745 - Wat. Yup. (Look a few posts above for an explanation on why I'm keeping this)
03:27:412 - My personal favorite SV of this map. Shwooooooop.
So ya. That was my self mod or something, though I somewhat doubt that people will read this entire thing. Oh well.
Jinjin

Ciel wrote:

Self modding I guess, if not even jakads is willing to mod thisi ._.. It is worth noting that I have already gone through this proccess multiple times already, but I guess I decided to document this time. Maybe I can use this as an example of how to actually write a good mod? I will write my initial "mod" in black, and reply in my usual red/blue/green style. In addition, I'll include additional comments for various sections of this map in gray, as points which I would not expect to be mentioned in a normal mod. For future reference, here is a link to the osz I was using when self modding this time around, in case this gets used as an example.
[Patterning]00:24:745 - This LN starts pretty early, without much sound accompaining it. Maybe possibly remove it? Doing this would lead to the need to extend the LN at the end of the song in order to keep its marathon length, and that LN is already quite long. I could instead add a hitsound to emphasize this a bit more, but I'll need to dig around a bit to do that.
00:26:078 - Minor note, but this entire intro section is a bit more dense on the right than the left. While the chords are slightly more right hand biased, the left hand typically has to deal with more LNs. The end result is that everything is somewhat balanced, and its fine (probably).

00:46:078 - Bit tricky/awkward to play, maybe rearrange some things? Especially possibly 00:46:745 - , moving 4 to 6 might work out better. In this case, I'm balancing out in case of someone that is a left thumb user, such that they don't just play boring LNs the whole time. Also, this is a boss map, they can handle a little bit of awkwardness :P

00:47:412 - In this next part, with the exception of the intro to every other measure, I keep the right and left hand completely separate, without using the middle key at all, in order to emphasis this fact. Note how one side holds a consistent rhythm, while the other is far more inconsistent, following that other sound.
00:48:412 - Maybe try moving 6 to 3? Might emphasis the left/right hand split even more. That actually works out pretty nicely. Done.
00:51:078 - Same as above. Yup. This actually makes the section a bit harder, but shouldn't be a problem to anybody that can actually pass this map.
00:50:745 - Try moving 3 to 2? Mostly if you follow the suggestionn above, kinda gives an alternating between 2/3 feeling between the chords. Seems ok. Went with it.
00:52:078 - Also move the 2 notes here to from 3 to 2, same idea as above. Not so good in this case. the awkward releasing and holding of the notes in 1 is already quite a bit to deal with, having to also have the extra awkwardness of having the note on 2 instead of 3 is bleeeeh.
00:53:745 - Same as before about chords on one side. Done.
00:56:412 - I mean look, you actually did that here. Lol ya riip.
00:53:412 - In order to do the alternating thing, try moving 5 to 6...
00:54:745 - And 5 to 6 again. Should work out. That works I guess.
Note how this section of modding was mostly done while keeping the idea to split hands. I wouldn't expect everyone to catch on to the fact that this was my idea here, but the benefits of keeping that mappers intentions in mind is always a nice plus (yes I'm cheating by self modding). Note that if I didn't really care for mapper intention, I could have said to spread out all the notes for more balance like the first section, but that would lead to pretty worthless info as a result.

01:08:662 - The minijack on 2 is awful. I'm sorry. The rest of the map contains even worse things though, so I don't think I need to change this. Shoooould be fine, even though the beginning is intentionally easier (honestly, its preeettty easy).
01:18:745 - There's a lack of notes on 3 during this section, maybe rearrange? Tried to I guess? Can't really tell how it plays, though I know that Sern noticed when he was playing. Might try rearranging some more later.

01:43:162 - Maybe extend a LN here or something? There's that long sound. In this section, I constantly alternate what the rice and the LNs are actually representing every measure. Thus, the rice note actually represents the long note, while the LN is representing the drums/constant bg noise instead.
This is an example of a point that I wouldn't be able to apply to my map particularly well, if one didn't pay attention to the section as a whole, realizing this fact. This is why it is sometimes not a good idea to mod patterns in isolation to others. In fact, later on in the song, there is almost an entire minute which builds on itself. I'll come back to that when we get there.
01:41:828 - Antishield? Rearrange? Personally don't consider anti-shields as hard, or even more difficult to press than normal notes really. Shields on the other hand....
01:54:995 - Move 2 to 5? More spaced out and stuff. While I would do this most of the time, the fact that the next measure has an incredibly long chain of notes on 5 that are basically foced by my LNs (which are using PR), it feels nice to include 2 such chains, rather than justs one random one. I consider to emphasis this theme by making a fairly long chain on 4 in the measure following as well.
02:00:745 - The first of the (probably notorious) bursts. I went through many iterations of this, before finally settling down on the structure and ordering of the bursts in this map. All of the bursts are intended to be as balanced as possible, and they generally increase with difficulty to read with any precision at all. For example, this first burst begins with outside to inside sweeps, followed by right to left sweeps. I've put a lot of time into these, so I hope nobody gets too mad at these existing ._.

02:31:412 - A fairly ridiculous idea you could pull here is try adding an extra layer to this, so 3 notes at a time, with a couple instances of 4 notes. Note that you already do this at 05:14:078 - . In this case, I'm already building up to this. Note how at 02:32:078 - , I begin usingn 3 notes per chord instead.
02:32:745 - Right to left sweeps, followed by left to right sweeps

02:46:078 - Ok, so the layering here is actually kinda complicated, so let me go over this. First, we have the rice, going in the pattern 2-3-2-3 every beat, emphasising the kick/snare. There is also one set of LNs representing the main sound that changes, as well as many short LNs, representing the background wubs. The main challenge of this section is actually keeping everything in check accuracy wise, which is fairly difficult to do, considering its not too hard to just clear this section.
03:06:078 - Surprisingly, given that this bursts density is the lowest, it is also not as easily spammable, and thus likely to catch some people off guard as a result.
03:14:412 - LN on 2 should end here. Oops mistake. Actually I noticed a while back, and left it here as a way to see how many people would actually notice this. But considering that nobody is modding this map anyways...

04:01:328 - Though not intentional, this burst ended up being the easiest, as it is only an outside to inside sweep that doesn't transition to anything else.

04:02:078 - The beginning of the buildup section. While mapping this, I referred to them as phases, as in phases of a final boss. So therefore...
Phase 1: Single Stream + Chords

04:10:078 - Maybe you can try to get a little bit more PR worked into here? I kinda of already do? Notice how it repeats 754 3 times, then 421, then 532, then 643. I guess it might not seem noticeable, but the PR is there still. I can rearrange to make it more obvious if somebody complains about it again though, but its meant to be more subtle.
Phase 2: Phase 1 + One More Stream
Phase 3: Phase 2 + LNs for Synth
04:27:412 - Rearranged a few wnotes here for PR purposes on the other hand. And yes, you can still care about PR at this high of a density.
Phase 4: Phase 3 + LNs for Wubs - 1 note on chords
Final Attack: lol have fun. (Actually extremely structured if you look hard enough).

05:15:412 - The final burst. Somewhat tricky, as you can't find nice and easy sweep patterns through this. But you somehow got through the bosses final attack, so I'm sure you'll be fine if you made it this far ^_^
05:16:745 - Shorten this LN? Can't because then it isn't a marathon anymore ._.
[SVs]00:34:078 - This has already been discussed before, but I decided to make these SV's not follow the usual 1.0x rule, as the gap between these notes would be quite ridiculous to be honest. This still ends up being a 0.75x net SV, which is perfectly reasonable to read, even on a sightread

00:36:412 - Maybe make this SV 1.40x instead? To continue off of what was previously the 1.40x speed increase. This results in the next part scrolling a bit too fast after testing it. I decided to stick with 1.20x in the end after testing a couple speeds (note that 1.00x feels a bit too slow transition nicely)
00:47:412 - I see you are trying to use a laggy ish SV on the sounds which the middle LN is being held, but currently the split is 1.8x/.1x. This results in the scroll speed having a small net decrease (.95x), which is not significant or noticeable. You should either try to go for something like 1.9x/.1x to keep the scroll speed constant, or maybe move it down to 1.7x/.1x speed for an average of .9x, something somewhat more noticeable. I went with 1.7x/.1x in this case. I was trying to make this section feel somewhat sticky and hard to get through, so this slower scroll speed works better in this case.
00:56:745 - Possibly make these a bit mroe drastic? Like, 1.7x/.3x or even more? This wasn't meant to be a major SV effect here, and with the short interval, 1.5x/.5x makes this seem fairly soft and not really affect reading. In this case, 1.5x/.5x turns out fine for this purpose.
00:57:745 - Add more lag SV's on the 1/16ths during the slowdown? As I've found, 1/16th lag SVs are basically unoticeable, and pretty much worthlhess. If someone would like to correct me on that I would be glad, but I seriously cannot tell the difference

01:09:078 - Why not try adding some more bump SV's here? Personally think that the song has picked up back to normalcy at this point, so the bumps aren't entirely necessarily anymore. (Also transitions badly with later patterning/SVs in this section as well).

02:35:412 - Man these SVs are a bitch to deal with.
02:45:745 - Wat. Yup. (Look a few posts above for an explanation on why I'm keeping this)
03:27:412 - My personal favorite SV of this map. Shwooooooop.
So ya. That was my self mod or something, though I somewhat doubt that people will read this entire thing. Oh well.
T O P K E K
Kamikaze
give this madman some kudosu stars
Jinjin
[Unraveling ET]
  1. 01:05:995 (65995|3,65995|5,66078|3,66078|2) - because of the LN placement in the left hand side, people who use left hand spacebar may have a harder time hitting the middle note minijack compared to the right hand users. In addition, to stay consistent with your patterns at 01:00:078 (60078|3,60162|2,60245|3,60328|2,60412|3,60578|3,60662|2) - and 01:02:745 (62745|5,62828|4,62912|5,62995|4,63078|5,63245|5,63328|4) - it would be nice to bring this note 01:05:995 (65995|5) - left 1 column and move 01:06:078 (66078|3) - this note 2 columns to the right.

2. 01:08:412 - Starting these bursts with the middle column in each hand is pretty uncomfortable. I think that something like this would work better

3. 01:14:078 (74078|3) - same here, maybe move this note one column to the right? But you can leave this as is because the patterning here is not as conflicting as before

4. 01:29:828 (89828|1,89828|3,89828|5) - honestly I just think it's better to keep this as a 4 note chord to make a triple minijack haha

5. 02:45:745 - I feel that the SV jump here is too quick and would catch a lot of people off guard (it still gets me even though I played this like 10 times now), it just seems very unnatural when you play this part because you can't really recognize when to hit the note to the beat. Maybe bring down the 10.00x SV a little bit?

6. 03:21:078 (201078|4,201245|6,201578|4,201912|6) - Considering that you've kept strict pitch relevancy throughout your chart, I think it's fine to make this pitch relevant too (then you can do the same for the section starting at 03:23:745 - . See below:

7. 04:18:412 (258412|3,258578|3,258745|3,258912|3,259078|3,259245|3,259412|3,259578|3,259745|3) - le spacebar anchor (tbh you don't really notice when you are playing so i don't think you need to change it but yeah haha)

8. 04:44:328 (284328|1,284412|1,284495|1) - aaaa triple minijack ,_, how about this?

Yeah that's it from me, I'm too nub to be able to give more feedback on those bursts and difficult LN+chordstream sections hh
Good luck~ mod my map >_<
Topic Starter
Ciel

iJinjin wrote:

[Unraveling ET]
  1. 01:05:995 (65995|3,65995|5,66078|3,66078|2) - because of the LN placement in the left hand side, people who use left hand spacebar may have a harder time hitting the middle note minijack compared to the right hand users. In addition, to stay consistent with your patterns at 01:00:078 (60078|3,60162|2,60245|3,60328|2,60412|3,60578|3,60662|2) - and 01:02:745 (62745|5,62828|4,62912|5,62995|4,63078|5,63245|5,63328|4) - it would be nice to bring this note 01:05:995 (65995|5) - left 1 column and move 01:06:078 (66078|3) - this note 2 columns to the right.
    What I did instead was change the pattern before this to alternate on 6/7 instead. There's a general theme throughout the entire map, in which these jacks tend to occur on the middle column if possible. The pattern break is a valid concern here though, so I changed it.
  2. 01:08:412 - Starting these bursts with the middle column in each hand is pretty uncomfortable. I think that something like this would work better
    Did something close to this, but did something different for the lead-in to the burst.

3. 01:14:078 (74078|3) - same here, maybe move this note one column to the right? But you can leave this as is because the patterning here is not as conflicting as before Like above. No pattern break here, so no need to change anything

4. 01:29:828 (89828|1,89828|3,89828|5) - honestly I just think it's better to keep this as a 4 note chord to make a triple minijack haha This was layered with the 2 minijacks as main sound, and the inner 3 columns representing the drums behind that. Also this is an ET map, lets make things a bit more challenging :P

5. 02:45:745 - I feel that the SV jump here is too quick and would catch a lot of people off guard (it still gets me even though I played this like 10 times now), it just seems very unnatural when you play this part because you can't really recognize when to hit the note to the beat. Maybe bring down the 10.00x SV a little bit? Meant to be completely unreadable. It's actually 8.00x, not 10.00x since that was too much, but I'll nerf it down to 6.00x for now as a test. I want the note to be visible onscreen before the jump, so people are like wtf it skipped, instead of why did notes just appear fuck you

6. 03:21:078 (201078|4,201245|6,201578|4,201912|6) - Considering that you've kept strict pitch relevancy throughout your chart, I think it's fine to make this pitch relevant too (then you can do the same for the section starting at 03:23:745 - . See below:
    Would have done this if it wasn't for the fact it overlaps with the long hold LN at the end OOPS. Far too much of a pain to rearrange, so this gets to suffer :/
  7. 04:18:412 (258412|3,258578|3,258745|3,258912|3,259078|3,259245|3,259412|3,259578|3,259745|3) - le spacebar anchor (tbh you don't really notice when you are playing so i don't think you need to change it but yeah haha) Nobody is going to notice this :/

8. 04:44:328 (284328|1,284412|1,284495|1) - aaaa triple minijack ,_, how about this?

Done
Yeah that's it from me, I'm too nub to be able to give more feedback on those bursts and difficult LN+chordstream sections hh
Good luck~ mod my map >_< SOON TM
Thanks for that.
Curiossity
Mod for Ciel's WEAVE DETONATOR

Disclaimer: I might use the wrong words as I'm not terribly familiar with technical music jargon. But I'll try my best.
Also, what's stated here is just opinion.

Columns: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7

-----
00:35:412 (35412|5) - Here, as well as at 00:35:745 and 00:36:078 maybe there should be a note right after, to follow the second snare.

00:36:412 (36412|5) - I like the idea of a trill here, but keep in mind a really fast roll or two could work as well.

00:38:162 (38162|2) - There should probably be a note here as there's a snare (i think) in the music. In fact, you could put a note right here after every kick in this opening section, as there is a little chime or something after every kick.

01:24:578 (84578|2) - You could add a note here on 4, as there is a beat in the music to represent it.

01:27:245 (87245|0) - Same as above, although I'd add it to 1. I've seen this a few more times throughout the map, although I've only noted it twice because I want to avoid too many repetitive comments.

01:40:995 (100995|1) - I'm not sure this note should be here. The music seems to lack a solid note at this point, as well as on 01:41:328, 01:41:662, 01:43:662, etc.

02:43:662 (163662|3) - Here, you should probably add a slider until about 02:43:745 - there's another piece of the synth that I don't feel is mapped out completely. The same would go for 02:44:162, 02:44:662, and 02:45:162.

02:56:578 (176578|3) - Starting here, there's a few kicks on the 1/6ths, but here you just have them on the 1/4ths. I feel it would follow the music more if you added the notes in on the 1/6ths, for example remove the notes on 02:56:662, and then add a note on 6 at 02:56:634 and a note on 3 at 02:56:690.

03:51:078 (231078|4) - You could make this more harsh, add some notes on the 1/8ths to match the drum roll in the music.

04:55:412 (295412|4) - The section has a few parts like 04:55:828 that sounds like they could use minijacks similar to 04:55:578 - however, maybe that's too many minijacks, so just a thought

-----

This ended up being a pretty short mod, but that's because most of the notes I made were about pieces seen throughout your patterning in general. Any way, good luck on getting this ranked!
Topic Starter
Ciel

Curiossity wrote:

Mod for Ciel's WEAVE DETONATOR

Disclaimer: I might use the wrong words as I'm not terribly familiar with technical music jargon. But I'll try my best.
Also, what's stated here is just opinion.

Columns: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7

-----
00:35:412 (35412|5) - Here, as well as at 00:35:745 and 00:36:078 maybe there should be a note right after, to follow the second snare. I don't hear what you are referring to? The layering here is continuing on from the intro, minus the wubs in the background, aka the LNs.

00:36:412 (36412|5) - I like the idea of a trill here, but keep in mind a really fast roll or two could work as well. A trill would be a bit awkward to do, unless you're talking about alternating between sides, in which case its too easy. Keeping in mind the overall difficulty of the map, I want to make it as clear as soon as possible this is NOT for people looking to have an easy time. (This also happens to be one of the current major flaws in my map, of which I'm not entirely sure how to fix)

00:38:162 (38162|2) - There should probably be a note here as there's a snare (i think) in the music. In fact, you could put a note right here after every kick in this opening section, as there is a little chime or something after every kick. There is in fact a note here. However, I chose to deliberately omit that sound in this case, as it makes the patterning feel quite irregular as a result. For example, note the regular repetition of the note in column 1 (or column 7 in similar stanzas later).

01:24:578 (84578|2) - You could add a note here on 4, as there is a beat in the music to represent it. Does the note on 3 note already cover this? Note how it follows the same pattern as the remainder of this section

01:27:245 (87245|0) - Same as above, although I'd add it to 1. I've seen this a few more times throughout the map, although I've only noted it twice because I want to avoid too many repetitive comments. I think I see what you mean in general at this point. But, regularity sometimes trumps mapping every sound in existence

01:40:995 (100995|1) - I'm not sure this note should be here. The music seems to lack a solid note at this point, as well as on 01:41:328, 01:41:662, 01:43:662, etc. This is meant to be a stream structure, so having a gap in the notes here would feel quite jarring as a result.

02:43:662 (163662|3) - Here, you should probably add a slider until about 02:43:745 - there's another piece of the synth that I don't feel is mapped out completely. The same would go for 02:44:162, 02:44:662, and 02:45:162. Was tested when first mapping this. It feels terrible with the SVs unfortunately, so in the end I decided to not include it. I can probably try it again at a later point, but it would require significant rearranging of notes.

02:56:578 (176578|3) - Starting here, there's a few kicks on the 1/6ths, but here you just have them on the 1/4ths. I feel it would follow the music more if you added the notes in on the 1/6ths, for example remove the notes on 02:56:662, and then add a note on 6 at 02:56:634 and a note on 3 at 02:56:690. This is true, and is an oversight on my part. I'm not entirely sure if adding a polyrhythm here (where the theme of the map has been regularity at absurd difficulties) would be a necessarily good idea though, but I'll sit on it.

03:51:078 (231078|4) - You could make this more harsh, add some notes on the 1/8ths to match the drum roll in the music. You evil bastard. This part is meant to be the "easy" part before the main buildup of this song though, so 1/8ths are overkill. Keep in mind people are also coming off of a slowjam as well, so 1/8ths would be an absolute pain to read

04:55:412 (295412|4) - The section has a few parts like 04:55:828 that sounds like they could use minijacks similar to 04:55:578 - however, maybe that's too many minijacks, so just a thought At this point, I wasn't following the music, just watch the patterning on my minijacks (and intentional gaps in notes as well for that matter)

-----

This ended up being a pretty short mod, but that's because most of the notes I made were about pieces seen throughout your patterning in general. Any way, good luck on getting this ranked! You basically showed me all the drum bursts are 1/6th, which throws a wrench into my map a bit. Basically, I'm going to sit on the drum bursts for a bit, and think if I need to switch to 1/6th, as each of these notes would result in a fairly significant rearrangement of notes on my part.
Anyways, I didn't directly accept any of your suggestions :/ It was still a good mod though, considering you pointed out a couple things I didn't notice. Thanks for wasting taking your time!
Shinzo-
[1|2|3|4|5|6|7]

[Unraveling Destruction]
00:36:745 (36745|4) - wouldn't it be more consistent if the LN starts 00:36:912 - ? well just like the others in above, yea move it to other collumn if you aggred (or maybe you'll even re-pattern for the pitch)
00:41:412 (41412|2) - what about moving it to 2nd collumn ? (so the jack is consistent 00:41:578 (41578|2,41745|3,41745|2,41912|3) - and not triplet jack 00:41:412 (41412|2,41578|2,41745|2) - )
00:47:245 - i hear 1/6 there, what about making them 1/6 snap with 2 note ? something like: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/5421386 ye actually i hear that too in other part so it's ok if you wont apply this
00:49:578 (49578|4) - it's should be 1/2 LN (hear the music again) 00:49:578 (49578|4) - be like in the left earphone and 00:49:745 - in both earphone
00:52:245 (52245|4) - this one too but maybe you already know this ? (00:54:912 (54912|2) - this one too xD)
01:07:995 (67995|2,67995|4) - no sound ? o.o
01:41:578 (101578|4) - i know you already know that there's no synt here like theothers but can you explain to me what sound that you layer here then o.o
02:00:995 (120995|1,120995|2,120995|4) - maybe just make this 2 note ? since the sound seems same with 02:00:828 (120828|4,120828|2) - or maybe make 02:00:828 - 3 note since it's same with 02:01:245 (121245|6,121245|0,121245|5) - and 02:00:995 (120995|4,120995|2,120995|1) -
03:17:495 (197495|4) - isn't this one louder than 03:17:578 (197578|6,197578|3) - ?
03:36:578 - i hear a kick too in here, but i think it's up to you to add it or no o.o
03:39:412 - 03:40:745 - seriously the SV is really confusing here to play
03:51:078 (231078|3) - what about end the LN on 03:51:245 - and add a new LN on 03:51:245 - in 7th collumn and move 03:51:412 (231412|6) - to 4th collumn ? since 03:51:078 (231078|3,231078|0) - one of these LN should be 1/2 like 03:49:578 (229578|2,229745|3,229912|4,230078|6,230245|3,230412|4,230578|5,230745|6,230912|5) - and i can hear the 1/2
04:00:745 - can you atleast add 1 note on 1st collumn ? for the synt ._.
04:41:828 (281828|4) - what about move this to 1st collumn ? since 04:41:745 (281745|2,281745|5,281828|3,281828|4,281912|2,281912|5) - this pattern make it looks like there's a 1/2 snare xD (you know, something like 04:49:412 (289412|4,289412|1,289495|5,289495|2,289578|4,289578|1) - )
04:54:912 (294912|4,294912|0) - 05:05:578 (305578|3,305578|0) - maybe just 1 note please? no snare here, just like you do on 04:33:412 (273412|0,273412|2,273412|6,273495|1,273495|5,273495|3,273578|6,273578|2) -

ok that's all..
Good Luck Ciel >w<)~
show more