forum

[Archived] Can't change the resolution and more \o/

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
A Mystery
I noticed that beta hasn't updated for me for a long time. Since the last update (I suppose both stable and beta that is), I can't change my resolution to what it was before, or to any other resolution when full screen is turned on, because I get an error that my graphics card/display does not support it. The drivers are UPDATED and no I didn't change anything in my GC options.

Second thing, and quite funny, when I wanted to test whether this is beta only, I couldn't change the build anymore because osu! would simply crash. The box in which the current build I'm using is displayed shows literally nothing lol.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I can't alt-tab osu! when it's in full screen, because it will stay on top of the other windows but not active, and wherever I click when trying to alt-tab I click on w/e is behind osu! at that point.

:(

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20150514.4
VeilStar
About

A Mystery wrote:

I can't change my resolution to what it was before, or to any other resolution when full screen is turned on, because I get an error that my graphics card/display does not support it. The drivers are UPDATED and no I didn't change anything in my GC options.
Can't replicate this. Not sure. Does this happen in Stable and/or Cuttingedge aswell?

A Mystery wrote:

Second thing, and quite funny, when I wanted to test whether this is beta only, I couldn't change the build anymore because osu! would simply crash. The box in which the current build I'm using is displayed shows literally nothing lol.
See t/328596. Beta seems screwed at the moment. Hold shift and open osu! (while holding shift) untill a settings dialog pops up. Change it in there for now.

A Mystery wrote:

I forgot to mention that I can't alt-tab osu! when it's in full screen, because it will stay on top of the other windows but not active, and wherever I click when trying to alt-tab I click on w/e is behind osu! at that point.
Can't replicate this either. Does osu! run at low framerate in cases like these? (Basically I want to know if osu! is actually focused or not.) Seems really odd. Does this happen in Stable and/or Cuttingedge aswell?
Topic Starter
A Mystery
It doesn't happen in stable, but it does in the cutting edge build.
In stable build everything is running normally (no weird alt-tab problems or resolution I can't change)

I never used the shift thing lol but thanks for saying that.

And no, no weird framerates, but I do notice the screen getting stuck for half a second when going to the song select, start playing the song, going back to the menu... those transitions
VeilStar
Well, Beta and Cuttingedge both currently run OpenGL only right now. So it probably has something to do with that.
See t/328606/.

Care to test if it happens in Stable using OpenGL? (Stable build OpenGL doesn't have fullscreen.)
TheVileOne
If this is still an issue with the latest beta, please report here t/330776