forum

[Archived] Attempting to download songs, opening in different files.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Aussie Ftw
Problem Details:
I just got a new pc, attempting to download songs opens the files in windows media center, the file itself says it's going to open into osu, it says the files are going to SAVE into osu, however - opening the game proves that the files are not there. Each time I try to download a song, when the download finishes, it will open windows media center. I'm very confused and have tried relocating the file save points and everything. I specifically found a songs download files, moved them into the osu game itself, it STILL opened windows media center and the song does not exist in game... Please... For the love of peppy, help me >:(

Video or screenshot showing the problem: http://puu.sh/hKuMk.png <- closest thing I can get as an example

osu! version: 20150414.2 (latest)
Ayachi-
Try to drag them in the game or choose osu as the default program
Andrea
Click on choose default program and select osu!.

If the issue still happens, just move the .osz files in the Songs folder and then open the game and press F5, the beatmaps will be added eventually.
Topic Starter
Aussie Ftw
I've changed the default open-with and save-to files, both onto Osu, click-dragged the files into osu... Nothing, re-freshed osu in game, for instance - I dragged the file into osu, it opened the game while saying it was working but it still wont go into the game :cry:
VeilStar
Record a video of it then? If the file is set to open with osu! it's not gonna open elsewhere.
And even more so when you drag it inside osu!.Unless some magic is going on.
Topic Starter
Aussie Ftw
I don't have any video software, the closest thing I can give you is this - http://gyazo.com/93158dfc65a6324165f98a166245d60b - after dragging into the game, still nothing happens inside the game
VeilStar

Aussie Ftw wrote:

I don't have any video software, the closest thing I can give you is this - http://gyazo.com/93158dfc65a6324165f98a166245d60b - after dragging into the game, still nothing happens inside the game

You're dragging the beatmap into the installer...
Install osu!, run osu!, put the game in windowed mode, then drag the file inside the osu! window, go to play -> solo, and then press F5 once for it to detect new files.
Topic Starter
Aussie Ftw
Why does the osu install run the game? - I have no other apps or files related to osu, only the installer?
abraker

Aussie Ftw wrote:

Why does the osu install run the game? - I have no other apps or files related to osu, only the installer?
Double click on the installer to install osu. The installer downloads the game and puts it on your computer.
DeltaDuck666
I've been reading this thread. I need some help on this as well. When I drag the beatmaps into Osu!, wether it's opened or not and wether I put the standard program to open it with to Osu! or not, the game says it doesn't recognize this type of file. As of now the name of the file is: "Beatmap Pack #7.rar". I don't know for sure, but would it just so happen to have anything to do with the fact that it is an RAR file? I wouldn't know how to change that though. If you guys could help me out here, I would really appreciate it. I'm new to this game, but it seems really fun and I would love to get more songs for it!
VeilStar

DeltaDuck666 wrote:

I've been reading this thread. I need some help on this as well. When I drag the beatmaps into Osu!, wether it's opened or not and wether I put the standard program to open it with to Osu! or not, the game says it doesn't recognize this type of file. As of now the name of the file is: "Beatmap Pack #7.rar". I don't know for sure, but would it just so happen to have anything to do with the fact that it is an RAR file? I wouldn't know how to change that though. If you guys could help me out here, I would really appreciate it. I'm new to this game, but it seems really fun and I would love to get more songs for it!
This is normal.
From the beatmap packs page:
Installation: Once a pack has been downloaded, extract the .rar into your osu! Songs directory. All songs are still .zip'd and/or .osz'd inside the pack, so osu! will need to extract the beatmaps itself the next time you go into Play mode
Basically you have to extract the beatmap pack yourself with a program such as Winrar. When you've done that you'll have a bunch of beatmaps in .osz format (as beatmaps normally are), which you can then either place in the osu!\songs folder, drag into osu! (together), or open them one by one.