forum

What do you do when you can't sleep?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Choco x Mint
There is always that one night where you turn off the lights and lay in bed all ready to sleep. But you can't. I mean people say if you shut the lights and just close your eyes you'll eventually fall asleep but sometimes a long time passes by aaaand you're still awake. So what do you do? Aside counting sheeps lol :3
Yuudachi-kun
I do something naughty.
nanoooooooooo

Kheldragar wrote:

I do something naughty.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
trebby
I post in osu forums.
Critical Dude

nanoooooooooo wrote:

Kheldragar wrote:

I do something naughty.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Who wouldn't?
Friendan

Kheldragar wrote:

I do something naughty.
I was expecting this as the first reply

I just lay there when I can't go to sleep until I fall asleep. I usually fall to sleep pretty fast now, though.
E m i
fixed it by going to sleep when i'm sleepy instead of simply always at the same time
so usually at 4-6 am
bigfeh
edit: disclaimer 2.0 in case you don't read until the end
READ THE DISCLAIMER
I'm not a doctor, please don't take this (too) seriously
do recommend talking to your doctor about this tho

If you have trouble sleeping, follow these steps:

1. think of time you want to sleep (e.g. 9PM)
2. calculate what time it would be at approximately 90 minutes (aka 1 hour and a half) before said time (7:30PM)
3. set alarm clock to the results of your operations (protip: use a calculator to double check math)
4. wait for alarm clock to ring
5. chew one (1) 10mg cyclobenzaprine tablet
5.1. in case 10mg cyclobenzaprine tablets are unavailable at the moment, chew two (2) 5mg cyclobenzaprine tablets
6. do everything you need to do before you go to sleep.

Thirty minutes after you take it, you'll be drowsy
One hour after taking it, you'll be getting significantly more retarded
At the scheduled time you'll be useless and drooling

disclaimer: I am not a doctor. Please talk to your doctor before chewing cyclobenzaprine, any other muscle relaxant or any other medication. Please talk to your doctor if you feel urges to chew cyclobenzaprine, any other muscle relaxant or any other medication, as well as any other object that is not food. As with any other medication, it has its side effects (some of which are - hey - sedation, drowsiness and dizziness). It's also relatively safe, as far as overdosing goes (as in an adult rat would need about 200mg, or 20 of the tablets you'd take in said scenario, to read the median lethal dose. I could probably take way more than double what I have at home and still wake up tomorrow like nothing happened).

On a more serious note: PLEASE really talk to your doctor before taking this, especially if you take/are taking any CNS depressants (e.g. alcohol) or antidepressants. It really helps me sleep whenever I can't, though for a quicker response you'd probably be looking at, say, sublingual zolpidem tablets. That, and it really makes you retarded. As a muscle relaxant, you can add the obvious muscle weakness to the mix of drowsiness, sleep and dizziness. Don't underestimate it, because it'll hit you like a truck and you'll just crash on your bed, so really have everything laid out. <3
Friendan

[ Momiji ] wrote:

fixed it by going to sleep when i'm sleepy instead of simply always at the same time
so usually at 4-6 am
What time do you wake up at? Is this for weekdays too?
Nathanael
I just listen to classical music so I can close my eyes and dream.
Kouya-

Kheldragar wrote:

I do something naughty.
Almost all the time bwahahahaha. . . >~>
E m i

Friendan wrote:

[ Momiji ] wrote:

so usually at 4-6 am
What time do you wake up at? Is this for weekdays too?
9-12 hours later, weekdays = immediately after school
silmarilen
roll around until i fall asleep
B1rd
I've been trying to sleep normally. So far the pattern has been: go to bed at 8:30, either stay awake or sleep lightly for about 4 hours until the melatonin wears off, then I usually spend the next 18 hours or so sitting in front of my computer feeling quite dead until I can finally go to bed again.
WingSilent
I just watch my tv then i fall asleep. :o
Kouya-

silmarilen wrote:

That I'd imagine is pretty dang adorable .
beldaran
cry

because im not good at clicking circles
B1rd

Kouya- wrote:

silmarilen wrote:

That I'd imagine is pretty dang adorable .
silmarilen is such a cute loli in the mental image I just had <3
Nequillie
wake up my friend with a text to get him to talk with me till i'll fall asleep lol
FathomAssembly
If I go to bed around midnight, usually I just wait until I fall asleep, even if it is for hours.. If I really can't I go to the computer to spend or a few hours and return to bed or the entire night and sleep all day x3

And if I go to bed at 3-7am I fall asleep instantly most of the time.. and some times not and I need around one hour to fall asleep x)
show more