forum

[resolved] [Question] What happened to FullScreen?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
xNinjaKittyx
There's no fullscreen option anymore (Just borderless)

What was the purpose of this change?
What did you guys do to improve borderless? because I also noticed that borderless fullscreen works a lot more smoothly than before

Before: roughly 400-500 FPS
Now: Just like normal fullscreen 1,200 - 1,600 FPS

osu! version: 20150422.5cuttingedge
Wingman626
you know, that is odd. im not seeing the fullscreen option as well in the CE Build

and searching the changelog doesn't yield any explanation either.

does any dev (or anyone) know why it was removed?
abraker
Yes, but forgot which thread mentioned it. Veilstar, you remember?

See Apr 21 changelog.
[peppy] Hide fullscreen checkbox (OpenGL doesn't support fullscreen at the moment).
Wingman626

abraker wrote:

Yes, but forgot which thread mentioned it. Veilstar, you remember?

See Apr 21 changelog.
[peppy] Hide fullscreen checkbox (OpenGL doesn't support fullscreen at the moment).
it was in the apr 21 changelog? thats weird, i read it and tried looking for it with CTRL+F, didnt find anything

oh well. kind of weird that it was removed completely from the CE build and not just disabled when OpenGL was selected.

eh, im not complaining. i run the game on borderless anyways.
abraker
Strangely there are 2 parts to April 21st update, so I think you needed to expand.
Nathanael
Probably the first group reached its item limit.
VeilStar
The current 'borderless' in the cuttingedge build should work exactly like the 'normal fullscreen' on the Stable build.
Well, there are some issues with it at the moment. But yeah. What others said.
Topic Starter
xNinjaKittyx
I'm still very curious what changes were made to make borderless fullscreen work just as well as normal fullscreen.
TheVileOne
There was no reason why they should have had differences in performance. Both essentially carry out the same function.