forum

[Archived] Windows Error sound played as osu! closes/restart

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Sh1nnTsubs4
I am unsure whether or not this issue this about osu! or my laptop. It wasn't a major problem, hopefully someone can help out.

I have this problem ever since I moved my osu! file to another laptop. Since my laptop has low specs, the fps would drop below 60 fps during Fullscreen/Widescreen gameplays. So, I changed the resolution to 1024*768 (Windowed) and 120fps THEN I changed, the Renderer, DirectX to OpenGL because the mouse movement in OpenGL somewhat better.

But when I changed to OpenGL, at fps counter changed to 60fps(vsync) after the osu! restarted. I tried change back to 120fps, and osu! restarted AND it let out a Window Error Sound as osu! closes. When it was reopened, the settings reset to where it was before it was changed. I reinstalled osu! and the problem still persisted, which means it was probably my laptop problem.

I changed my skin and played normally. When I was exhausted, I closed osu! and of course, the Windows Error Sound played again. I reopen it and the skin changed to the skin before it was changed (in short, I changed skin a to skin b, after restarting osu!, it revert back to skin a). The ranked plays was (somewhat) gone from my Local Ranking, but still visible at the Global Ranking (Screenshot visible below).

SPOILER
1. Changed from my usual skin to Default.

2. Ranked.

3. After restarting osu!, Default skin changed to my usual skin.

4. Local Ranking/Global Ranking

5. Others

By the way, I was trying to change 60fps(vsync) to 120fps at the Renderer OpenGL.

osu! version: 20150414.2 (latest)
Karuta-_old_1
This is normal, osu! did not close properly and that is why everything is changed to the previous setting and local scores and replay are wiped

I can't reproduce the problem but does it also happen to directX as well? cause it might be OpenGL's fault

By the way, is there any error message at all?
VeilStar
Sounds to me like your OS is spitting out permissions errors. Though seeing what windows actually says would be nice.
Are you an admin on that PC? Does clicking the "repair folder permissions" button at the bottom of the options menu help at all?
Topic Starter
Sh1nnTsubs4

[MY] yummy90 XP wrote:

This is normal, osu! did not close properly and that is why everything is changed to the previous setting and local scores and replay are wiped

I can't reproduce the problem but does it also happen to directX as well? cause it might be OpenGL's fault

By the way, is there any error message at all?
No, since the reintalled osu! option starts with DirectX, it was perfectly normal. The only noticeable difference after changing the renderer (from DirectX to OpenGL) is the movement of the mouse. After changing it, I couldn't change it back.
Topic Starter
Sh1nnTsubs4

VeilStar wrote:

Sounds to me like your OS is spitting out permissions errors. Though seeing what windows actually says would be nice.
Are you an admin on that PC? Does clicking the "repair folder permissions" button at the bottom of the options menu help at all?
No Luck. I tried at least three times and it still have the same issue.
And yes, I am the admin of the PC.