forum

[Utility] osu!Balancer

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
LightAndrek
I'm glad to present to you the final release of my project about osu!Balancer.

~Technical Resume
This program is created for the people who wants to take with them their personal copy of osu! with all their songs!
With this program you can copy the maps from your Hd to your USB pen with a simple click or viceversa.

~Known Issues
If the program have to copy a lot of data it will become instable with his graphics but it will continue copying the files. (FIXED)

~INFO
For further information contact me at my email address andrek94@hotmail.it

~Download
Program Download v.4 (NEW): http://sora94.altervista.org/SORAPRODUCTION/resources/files/vb/osuBalancerV4.exe

~Changelog V.4
-The Known Issues are now fixed
-The Songs in the HD Folder and in the USB Folder are now displayed
-Progress Bar addedd
-Online Updater created
-New graphic
Gopice

Sora94 wrote:

]~Known Issues
If the program have to copy a lot of data it will become unstable with his graphics but it will continue copying the files.
To fix this don't use the gui thread to copy things. Try creating a new thread or using threadpool.
anonymous_old

Sora94 wrote:

VisualBasic2008Pro
lol.

There are tons of syncing programs out there. Why not use just those?
Remco32
With this program you can copy the maps from your Hd to your USB pen with a simple click or viceversa.
It's like dragging and dropping, but now you can use an extra app for that!
Gabi

Remco32 wrote:

It's like dragging and dropping, but now you can use an extra app for that!
it blew my mind

either that or i don't get this AT ALL
peppy
uh?
bagnz0r
It's actually useless, but it's cool you've tried to contribute.
I also don't see need to use .NET for this kind of apps. There's limit to being ridiculous.
anonymous_old

BagnoGamer wrote:

I also don't see need to use .NET for this kind of apps. There's limit to being ridiculous.
If the machines are meant to run osu!, they'll have .NET 2.0.
Topic Starter
LightAndrek

BagnoGamer wrote:

it's note usless if you know how it works. infact it copies new map from the hd to the usb pen and viceversa but if you select to copy map from hd to usb pen it will also delete the map that are one the pen but not on the usb (and obviously viceversa). it's USLEFUL when you have a lot of maps.

UPDATE: i edited the first post. removed the source code and insered the new download with a fixed version.
Daru
Oh, so it syncs new maps to a USB drive that weren't there from the last copy?

That actually sounds pretty useful, especially if your have a "portable" copy of osu! on your USB drive.
Nakata Yuji

Daru wrote:

Oh, so it syncs new maps to a USB drive that weren't there from the last copy?

That actually sounds pretty useful, especially if your have a "portable" copy of osu! on your USB drive.
I suggest some sort of configuration editor, since your default folders are going to be different from most everyone elses. Otherwise, this works pretty well. A progress bar would also be a major step forward.
Topic Starter
LightAndrek
As a result of your comments, I have decided to further modify that program.
The changelog and the new link are in the first post.
bagnz0r

Sora94 wrote:

BagnoGamer wrote:

it's note usless if you know how it works. infact it copies new map from the hd to the usb pen and viceversa but if you select to copy map from hd to usb pen it will also delete the map that are one the pen but not on the usb (and obviously viceversa). it's USLEFUL when you have a lot of maps.

UPDATE: i edited the first post. removed the source code and insered the new download with a fixed version.
Why would I need .NET app for that? I could use PHP CLI to script something like that myself... (http://php.net)
But well anyway, it's okay. Just make sure to release Linux build, or you'll be hated by me. ;s
mm201

BagnoGamer wrote:

But well anyway, it's okay. Just make sure to release Linux build, or you'll be hated by me. ;s

strager wrote:

If the machines are meant to run osu!, they'll have .NET 2.0 Windows.
If you're writing an osu! helper tool, it's best to use C# or at least a .NET language in case the opportunity comes up to migrate some of your functionality into osu! itself.
Neo Adonis

BagnoGamer wrote:

Just make sure to release Linux build, or you'll be hated by me.
GTK+ Mono FTW
Infinity_old
omg nice idea..
UtsukimiJerry
I wanted to use this but then the link is dead :<
Galkan

Crimson_SoulZ wrote:

I wanted to use this but then the link is dead :<
http://www.mediafire.com/?giue9grbrkf89lj