forum

[duplicate] Thumbnails in song selection not matching with beatmap

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
theflyingflygon
Problem Details:
Although this isn't a huge issue, the bug also effects commands like /np (for example the tillerino bot). Again, the issue isn't game breaking or too serious but I would still like to know how to resolve this issue.
I know there are probably a lot of threads like this but none (that I could find) that direct to a solution or how this bug is replicated etc.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20150414.2 (latest)
VeilStar
As far as I'm aware thumbnails are basically 'pointed towards' by the beatmap ID.
The 'osu!.db' file is basically a database with all your beatmaps and their information, so it could be caused by some nonsense in this file. That said, try to move the osu!.db file out of your osu! installation folder while osu! is closed, launch osu! again, let it re-process all your beatmaps, and see if the issue still persists.
If it does you could try re-downloading the affected beatmaps. If that doesn't help either I can't really suggest anything.

What do you mean by it affecting /np commands though?
abraker

VeilStar wrote:

What do you mean by it affecting /np commands though?
My guess is that it mistakes the map for another map. Since the map takes the thumbnail from a map with another ID, the /np command should too.

I still haven't been able to replicate this though.

Related:
t/320138
Topic Starter
theflyingflygon
So sorry for not explaining. Lets say I want to tell my friend that I am playing like in the screenshot Culture Secretpipe's Normal. Well instead of displaying culture in the chat, it displays Torinoko (or whatever that thumbnail is). So lets say I want to know the pp I could get on Secretpipe's Normal, just typing /np wont display the pp for Culture but rather for the thumbnail beatmap.

VeilStar wrote:

As far as I'm aware thumbnails are basically 'pointed towards' by the beatmap ID.
The 'osu!.db' file is basically a database with all your beatmaps and their information, so it could be caused by some nonsense in this file. That said, try to move the osu!.db file out of your osu! installation folder while osu! is closed, launch osu! again, let it re-process all your beatmaps
I am going to try this now, thanks btw.

edit: it works
TheVileOne
Makaya

theflyingflygon wrote:

Problem Details:
Although this isn't a huge issue, the bug also effects commands like /np (for example the tillerino bot). Again, the issue isn't game breaking or too serious but I would still like to know how to resolve this issue.
I know there are probably a lot of threads like this but none (that I could find) that direct to a solution or how this bug is replicated etc.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20150414.2 (latest)
Have you fixed it because i have the same problem and i know this post is 2 years old but please help^^
Topic Starter
theflyingflygon
Well, I just followed what veilstar suggested
try to move the osu!.db file out of your osu! installation folder while osu! is closed, launch osu! again, let it re-process all your beatmaps, and see if the issue still persists.
It takes quite a long time, depending on how many beatmaps you have of course.

And ps if you have any trouble with finding the osu! installation folder like I did, launch osu! and go into the options, find the skins section, click open skin folder, (that would locate you into the osu! skin directory), then navigate to the actual osu! installation folder and find the osu!.db and move it or whatever.
Makaya
OK thank you very much I try it
yea it works the fiels were called jgf thank you very much for helping XD