forum

[Archived] How to use Pen Mode with a HUION H420?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
StuckMaizMaiz
Hello, im having some issues cause i cant play with pen mode in my H420 tab.
It works only w/mouse mode .

osu! version: 20150414.2 (latest)
Vaporwave
If by not working in tablet mode you mean flickering uncontrollably, try setting osu!'s ingame sensitivity to 1.0 or lower.

Source; reddit
Topic Starter
StuckMaizMaiz
Well, Im saying that my tab works as a mouse and not as a tab :/
Wingman626

StuckMaizMaiz wrote:

Well, Im saying that my tab works as a mouse and not as a tab :/
wait, what? isn't that how its supposed to be? you know, move your cursor just like your mouse does?

------------------------
anyways, i have two threads that relate to the "H420 pen and tablet" that may pertain to your issue. you should give it a try and see if it will fix it::

1. t/319343
  2. t/313590
also, if your computer is running windows 8 / 8.1, you should check out this thread as well, just incase

1. t/316746
------------------------

thats all i have. do let us know if any of this does or does not help.
Topic Starter
StuckMaizMaiz
Thank u for all the replies but the thing that im trying to say is that i feel the same little magnet that attaches to the beats that i also feel when im playing w/ a mouse.
I don't think that this is how it works. Also if there's a way to disable this "magnet" plese tell me. :D
Lithium
Isn't there an option in the drivers to set your tablet in mouse/pen mode?
Also i am an owner of a Huion 420 (no buttons on it) and it works fine. but i use old drivers because the newer ones are somewhat worst than the old one.

Make sure your settings are set as follow inside OSU:

Sensivity: 1.0x
Raw Input: On

OS TabletPC Mode: Off (I don't know if it does anything to Tablets but i have it turned off)

I am pretty sure this magnet feel you have is caused by the Mouse mode in your Driver Settings.
Topic Starter
StuckMaizMaiz

KTELithium wrote:

Isn't there an option in the drivers to set your tablet in mouse/pen mode?
Also i am an owner of a Huion 420 (no buttons on it) and it works fine. but i use old drivers because the newer ones are somewhat worst than the old one.

Make sure your settings are set as follow inside OSU:

Sensivity: 1.0x
Raw Input: On

OS TabletPC Mode: Off (I don't know if it does anything to Tablets but i have it turned off)

I am pretty sure this magnet feel you have is caused by the Mouse mode in your Driver Settings.

Thank u, i'll check that! :D
Topic Starter
StuckMaizMaiz
Well, i think i've found what's the problem but i don't know how to solve it. When im done installing drivers this happens:

(1) I click on the restart option provided by the installer
(2) I wait until my PC fully restarts
(3) I conect the tablet to the USB Port
(4) Windows automaticaly detects it as a mouse and a keyboard and then it does some installing shit (Does 2 installs, dunno why)

If someone knows how to solve it please respond. I have disabled automatic driver install, maybe my Win verision does not support this.
I'm on a W8 PC (Not 8.1). Maybe tomorrow i'll make a video.
Later i'll test on other PC to see if this continues.