forum

[Archived] map saying // as a name

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
drummer260
Problem Details:

it is like it has no name on song selection but when i click on it it has un owen is dead but has no combos hits misses nothing just the diff name it is weird because its not playable since it has no notes and idk if its a bug glitch or a corrupted map :idea:

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20150401.2 (latest)
Wingman626

drummer260 wrote:

Problem Details:

it is like it has no name on song selection but when i click on it it has un owen is dead but has no combos hits misses nothing just the diff name it is weird because its not playable since it has no notes and idk if its a bug glitch or a corrupted map :idea:

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20150401.2 (latest)

almost all of my maps have the // in between the artist name and the beatmap creator (example:: ARTIST // BM-CREATOR)

but your saying that the songs only have the // symbol and the beatmaps show to have no data (no total circle, sliders, or spinners number)?

try repairing folder permissions (in your settings) and do a full process of your beatmaps (F5 in beatmap list).
Lanturn
those maps are just mp3 files sitting in your song folder without a map or metadata

If you drag an MP3 into the game, it'll show up like so:

Right click and delete it.. or open it in the editor and try mapping it!

This is intended behavior since the song doesn't have any metadata attached to it!
RvNovae
if you downloaded that map, then it's corrupted/empty
TheVileOne
If this is in Edit selection, then that is normal. It is a stray mp3 in your Songs folder. If you see outside of Edit Selection then it is a ghost db reference to a beatmap and clicking it will trigger a reprocess of your beatmaps.