forum

[Archived] Osu! // Beatmaps are downloading too slow (with some SS)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
SkyHann
Problem Details:

Beatmaps are downloading too slow (30 kb/s) but i've 3mbps (normally 8mbps) internet connection.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

bm4.ppy.sh

osu.ppy.sh
osu! version: 20150401.2 (latest)
peppy
Welcome to the internet. Your connection to the US looks to suck.
Topic Starter
SkyHann
Is there any solution? Because my normal download speed is 300~400 kb/s
RvNovae
have you already tried restarting your router?
Wingman626

SkyHann wrote:

Is there any solution? Because my normal download speed is 300~400 kb/s
this is normal in most cases

the farther away you are, the longer it takes for the connection to travel between locations. the closer you are to a location, the faster the connection is. such is the rule of latency

a higher bandwidth won't change your latency, it just allows you to send and receive more data with around the same latency as you had before (i learned that the hard way)

you may be able to change your ISP with another one assuming if the other ISP has a more optimal peering path, but i don't know how you can check that.

side note
"the ICMP traffic is not given a high priority. So, measuring the network latency will not be accurate using ping or any other ICMP-based method". there is a formula you can use to calculate the delay between two points, but for the sake of this post, i think im done explaining.
Rivastyx
Dunno where is the right place to post but ye

Since about 3-4 days ago map DLs are really slow (website and osudirect) and are cancelling themselves 50% of the time. like 8KBs slow

Usually before it was at least 100-400KBs so no problems. A friend said to do this tracert cho.ppy.sh so here are the results http://puu.sh/h60bQ/cb85774481.png

I don't know if there is a problem or it's just something to do with my internet? But everything else works ok like Twitch 720p stream or youtube 720p.

Thanks for any help
Topic Starter
SkyHann
I'm live in same city with my friend but he can download beatmaps with normal download speed.
I think its about between my internet and Internet Provider Company.
Topic Starter
SkyHann

Olivarus wrote:

have you already tried restarting your router?
I did it.
TheVileOne
There is nothing we can suggest to speed up the downloads. This is an issue with your ISP.