forum

[Archived] invisible cursor while spectating/osu!bancho

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
KanoSet
Problem Details: while spectating or watching replays or even opening osu!bancho menu the cursor disappear - it's so freaking hard to change chat taps >.< -
my friend told me it as an old issue and it should be fixed, however i still got it *-*
it here for like 2 weeks but i really didn't bother. but it started to be quite annoying :o
p.s: i was playing with the stable version when the issue appears, changed to beta version few days ago but still

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20150401.1beta
VeilStar
It's supposed to show your OS's cursor when spectating, viewing a repaly, or having the extended chat open.

What OS (operating system) are you using?

(Also don't run osu! in compatibility mode if you're doing that.)
Topic Starter
KanoSet

VeilStar wrote:

It's supposed to show your OS's cursor when spectating, viewing a repaly, or having the extended chat open.

What OS (operating system) are you using?

(Also don't run osu! in compatibility mode if you're doing that.)
i'm using win 8.1, and no i'm not using compatibility mode
TheVileOne
What is wrong with your windows 8 cursor? Do you not have a windows cursor displayed anywhere in the game??
Topic Starter
KanoSet

TheVileOne wrote:

Do you not have a windows cursor displayed anywhere in the game??
nope
abraker
Do you happen to have a custom OS cursor (like not the standard arrow), or have special effects (like cursor trialing)?
Topic Starter
KanoSet

abraker wrote:

Do you happen to have a custom OS cursor (like not the standard arrow), or have special effects (like cursor trialing)?
not rly.. i didn't change anything with the mouse setting unless windows acceleration wich i turned it off
VeilStar
Does this happen in any other games?
Does using OpenGL compared to DirectX make a difference?
What about using a different windows cursor, does that make it appear?

And while this is normally anything but recommended, does running osu! in compatibility mode make a difference?
Topic Starter
KanoSet
"Does this happen in any other games?" i didn't play any game else for awhile so i'm not really sure
"Does using OpenGL compared to DirectX make a difference?" yes it does.. but it seems this "bug" only happen in full-screen mode. i guess open OpenGL doesn't support fullscreen right ? *-*
"What about using a different windows cursor, does that make it appear?" didn't help

"And while this is normally anything but recommended, does running osu! in compatibility mode make a difference?" actually it did help, runing compatibility mode on windows 8 did help somehow *-*
anyway thx ^^

EDIT: there is kinda of lag or something.. but the mouse movement feel a bit awkward so i'll turn "compatibility mode" for now
p.s: i tried using compatibility mode with windows 7 but it was the same
TheVileOne
The cursor is most likely drawing behind the game window. This has happened to people in the past for unknown reasons.
Topic Starter
KanoSet

TheVileOne wrote:

The cursor is most likely drawing behind the game window. This has happened to people in the past for unknown reasons.
and it shall be unknown for much longer.. thx anyway ^^
Wriothesley
hi this is happening to me in 2019
0no
Go to mouse properties and turn off "Display pointer trails" & "Hide pointer while typing"