forum

175R - Melody

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kasada
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Thursday, June 26, 2008 at 10:41:13 PM

Artist: 175R
Title: Melody
BPM: 137.15
Filesize: 5931kb
Play Time: 03:30
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (1.49 stars, 160 notes)
  2. Normal (4.11 stars, 307 notes)
  3. Hard (4.49 stars, 335 notes)
Download: 175R - Melody
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Hey people. This is my first Beatmap, so any comments, suggestions, criticism, etc. is more than welcome.

Thanks.

P.S. This isn't susposed to be a replica of the Ouendan version.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit 1: Changed offset and redid the end of Hard. (Thanks Kai.)
Edit 2: Fixed some timing on Normal.
Edit 3: Made changes that awp listed.
Edit 4: Moved a few notes occuring in the chorus
Edit 5: A few notes moved in the final chorus.
Edit 6: Added timing points to include the soft sound set.
Edit 7: Changed spacing for a note.
DawnII
Not bad! Your timing sounds pretty much spot on. Distance spacing is good for the most part. I'm not a huge fan of how close your beat spacing is for your stacks but it does work.

You do have tiny issues with beat placement here and there, I'd say for the most part no more than 1/4 off. Pretty minor, I didn't really catch them until I listened through on 50% speed. Just do a little polishing through when you're finished with it and it should be fine. I also suggest changing the second chorus a bit; at the least flip it horizontally or vertically so it's not exactly the same as the first chorus.

Other than that it looks pretty good.
Topic Starter
Kasada
So I've finished the first difficulty. That last slider was such a pain. Anyways, I need your opinion on what difficulty this Map should be. I set it as Normal for testing purposes, but I'm not sure where I should rank this difficulty wise. Also, depending on what you think this Map should be, how should I make it harder/easier?

Thanks.
DawnII
Much better! Can't really find anything to pick on now. As for the difficulty, I think it fits normal pretty well. The last bit is kind of overkill, but isn't too much harder. The last slider was a really nice touch as well. I would say as it is it would fit normal well, I don't think you need to make it easier/harder.

Looking forward to how the other difficulties turn out!
Topic Starter
Kasada
I've finished Easy mode. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Also, if you have any ideas for Hard, don't hesitate to tell me as I'm open to anything. I'm planning on pulling a Cheerleaders for Insane (Bump the difficulty and, with a few notes added, flip the notes.), but I might change my mind.

Thanks.
--------
EDIT: Hard mode has been added (At least what I've done so far.). Comments on this would also be appreciated. Also, are different difficulties sorted by how many stars they have? My Hard map is at the top while Easy and Normal are below it.
DawnII
Sorry it took so long to reply. Easy and normal look great, I see no problems. Hard at this point feels a bit easy to me. The notes are all pretty close together so it's kind of easy to hit them. That's just my opinion though. I do like how it looks so far though.

Songs are sorted by stars. Once you finish it it'll probably be on the bottom of the stack.
Topic Starter
Kasada
Hard is now finished, so go ahead and tell me any thing that you think I should change, improve, fix, etc. I've decided not to do Insane because it wouldn't differ much from Hard.

Thanks.

P.S. After I've corrected anything, I need to submit this for review so I can see if it gets ranked, so do I just upload it again, except to the Completed Maps forum?
DawnII
Hard is awesome! Loving it. Some people frown upon sliders tailing eachother but I think it fits well. To move to Completed just re-upload and check Completed Beatmaps instead.
Agent BA8 Rookbie
Shame on all of you. Shame on you I say. Take on Me by Vision Divine gets ranked when it makes no sense, but this wonder of modern mapping DOESN'T? I say this needs more attention. Excellent map, and I've always loved the original Melody better than the Ouendan version. This is one of the greatest maps I've played, and I hope more great maps come from you Kasada.
Rookbie Seal of Approval
awp
BPM: 137.15
Offset: 7930 oops

posting so I don't forget, will update later

Hard:
Great except for that little clusterfuck at the end I mentioned on IRC.

Normal:
A few tricky spots that will likely require a second try, but as much as I want to nitpick, I don't think it's right to. It's fine.

Easy:
03:25:71 (2,3,4,5) - A bit confusing for Easy maybe - I'd recommend using regular hitcircles, possibly every half beat or every beat. Your call.

Download: 175R - Melody (Kasada) [awpsy].osu
awp
k after irc chat corrections on Normal this is bubble-able
Kai
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Ph0X
pro first beatmap~