forum

[confirmed] [Watch Replay] Extra Ripples Coming From Cursor

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Rei Hakurei
Problem Details:
the cursor ripple behaviour looks like locked up between the mouse on pressing the [watch replay] button until next frame is loaded, that makes the ripple created a lot for a while...

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

the right thick circle is the ripple that i mentioned up

osu! version: 20150401.2 (latest)
RvNovae
did you try disabling it and restarting?
Topic Starter
Rei Hakurei
why i should disable it if i could exploit this found the bug? o.o
also why restart

it doesn't effect though even restart.
RvNovae
(disabling ->restarting->enabling again)
VeilStar
Can't replicate this. When I click the 'watch replay' button it doesn't even do a cursor ripple on my end. It just instantly loads the map.
Could you post a video of this?
Topic Starter
Rei Hakurei
abraker
Can't replicate. Player controlled game cursor properly turns into the hardware cursor and proceeds to shows playback with the game cursor.
Topic Starter
Rei Hakurei
try to open osu at lengthy time (20hrs above) or abusing hibernate/sleep state over several times,
abraker

Rei Hakurei wrote:

try to open osu at lengthy time (20hrs above) or abusing hibernate/sleep state over several times,
Been doing that for as long as I can remember.
Wingman626

Rei Hakurei wrote:

the only problem i experience is from my side only. my computer leaks memory after a run time of more than a day (so lag isnt the same as this problem)

other than that, i have not experienced this problem after running osu for more than twenty four hours.

the ripples still look fine, even when i play with a custom skin and hidden mode

still, judging from people being unable to replicate the issue, this problem may be client side. try updating everything (drivers, game, xna, directx; everything)
and see if the issue still persists.

if its bothersome, disable it for now. otherwise, if we cannot replicate this with the evidence given, it will be difficult to confirm this.
Topic Starter
Rei Hakurei
i guess its due to having a heavy memory usage ... most of the time it'll be around 70-90%

everything is updated though~
VeilStar
I just totally randomly had this for the first time ever. It doesn't seem to want to happen again though.
I'll just confirm this under LP as it does seem to happen in very rare cases.