forum

[Archived] [Notebook Problem] Fast moves make my mouse stuck

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
bbkreiko
Hello, I'm new to in forum area, I just play osu! a lot and everyday, and say to everyone that I know to play it too, this game is so awesome :oops: but anyway, my problem is that, even out of osu! everytime that I move my mouse too quickly, it start freezing for a bit. If I keep moving side-to-side the mouse in my mousepad, the cursor(little arrow of the windows) just stucks in the center area of the total movement. It's like it stopped registering all of the moves, because the cursor stays in the center but it moves little bit.
Because of that, I'm forced to increase my sensitivity configurations just so I can play osu! in hard/insane mods. I know I'm not a godlike player like others, but I would like to play without the lagging so I can see where I could go :(
I know maybe the only answer is to buy a new computer, and I will whenever I can, but untill I can (will take a little longer), I'm just here to see if anyone can help.
Anyway, thank you for reading! See ya :oops:

osu! version: 20150305 (latest)
BBB
I used to have a similar problem when I was using a mouse with a low 'polling rate'.

1. Go into Options, and find sensitivity.

2. Turn on raw input.

3. Move your mouse around quickly.

If you can't get the 'reports/sec' over 100, then your mouse's sensor is too weak x.x

Really high-end mice can go up to 800/sec, but the one I am using only goes up to 120 and it works pretty well. Try using different mice ^w^
VeilStar
Sounds like your mouse has a terrible sensor that fails to track at higher speeds.
In which case there is nothing you can do aside from using a different mouse.
Topic Starter
bbkreiko
Thank both of you for replying!
VeilStarI already tried using another mouse and the cursor still freezes.
binaryfruit My reports/sec was in 125 too, but it keeps freezing in high speeds, maybe the problem is my notebook. :cry: My notebook is an Intel Core i3-2350M. With 2.30GHz and 4GB of memory RAM. Maybe thats the problem...
Thank you anyway!
VeilStar
Open the task manager, go to processes, sort by 'user name', and 'end process' for all processes that are under your windows username.
Then open osu!, and see if it still does it. (This basically rules out most possible software issues. Well, anything aside from driver issues.)
If it's solved after doing this try to find out what process caused it and keep it from running.

If that didn't help I assume it's either a driver issue, or a mouse issue.
(Though if it happens on 2 different mice, that's very doubtable.)