forum

[Archived] game freezes when scrolling through songs (help)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Yuki kamazaki
Problem Details:when ever i scroll though songs my whole game freezes and the music repeats where it was quite loud and annoying and it happens so much i have plenty of protection on my computer so i doubt its a virus i get around 500fps in game 200fps when not in a song

Edit: and clicking on songs

osu! version: 20150305 (latest)
RvNovae
try moving the osu!db out of the folder, process all your maps and try again....maybe there is some caching problem
Topic Starter
Yuki kamazaki
Moving as in delete or moving as in moving it to somewhere
TheVileOne
Have you tried switching renderers?
RvNovae

Yuki kamazaki wrote:

depending on if you want to keep it if it doesn't work x)
Topic Starter
Yuki kamazaki

TheVileOne wrote:

what do you mean? i have good fps i dont lag in game often its always scrolling though songs
Topic Starter
Yuki kamazaki

Olivarus wrote:

Yuki kamazaki wrote:

depending on if you want to keep it if it doesn't work x)
it didnt work
VeilStar

Yuki kamazaki wrote:

TheVileOne wrote:

what do you mean?
Topic Starter
Yuki kamazaki
[/quote]
but then i only get 60 fps
Topic Starter
Yuki kamazaki
but it still does it after render change
Topic Starter
Yuki kamazaki
does no one how to fix it freezed so long that my computer crash to blue screen
drum drum
osu! shouldn't cause your computer to go to a blue screen. Are you overheating by chance?
Flanster
You should check the bluescreen dump file with a program like BlueScreenView for details on what caused the crash.

Sounds like your harddrive having problems to me.
Just out of curiousity, does your processor max out to 100% when this happens?
Topic Starter
Yuki kamazaki

LoliFlan wrote:

You should check the bluescreen dump file with a program like BlueScreenView for details on what caused the crash.

as in cpu temp or what?
Topic Starter
Yuki kamazaki

drum drum wrote:

osu! shouldn't cause your computer to go to a blue screen. Are you overheating by chance?
if i am how do i fix a problem like that? overheating
VeilStar

Yuki kamazaki wrote:

it freezed so long that my computer crash to blue screen
Sounds like a hardware issue to me.

Osu!, in itself, cannot cause your PC to get a BSOD. If it does trigger a BSOD, something else is at play.

Do what loliflan said to get a little more info on the cause.

LoliFlan wrote:

Yuki kamazaki wrote:

drum drum wrote:

if i am how do i fix a problem like that? overheating
Clean your PC from dust, undo any overclocks if applicable,
and if that doesn't help then cap the CPU/GPU usage so that it doesn't reach as high temperatures.
Wingman626

VeilStar wrote:

and if that doesn't help then cap the CPU/GPU usage so that it doesn't reach as high temperatures.
if OP has the know how, they could try this option. but 'not all' hardware can be underclocked/capped and it should be noted that if your hardware does support those changes, you shouldn't go about changing values everywhere if you don't know what they do (or at least read up and make sure you know what your touching before hand). one wrong option and you could seriously damage your computer.

unless your talking about the simple things you do in task manager, than that doesn't really matter. try any option as long as its not "Realtime"

LoliFlan wrote:

before you can do that, you have to make sure your computer is set up to save the bluescreen error reports into '.DMP' files in the location "%SystemRoot%\Minidump"

please refer to this t/312231 to check your settings so that your bluescreen error reports can collect and can be viewed with the aid of a minidump viewer, like 'Bluescreenviewer'
RvNovae
making the cpu cooling fan spin faster maybe?
Wingman626

Olivarus wrote:

making the cpu cooling fan spin faster maybe?
this is an option that may or may not be do-able depending on your hardware

i don't think OP has stated if they knows their computer is overheating. only drum drum has asked the question before, and i don't think OP responded to that.

but anyways, if it was overheating, to help with cooling; they could try this:::
--------------------

there is a program called SpeedFan for windows (smcFanControl if your on a mac) that will help you adjust your fan speed, but the downside to that is that the program isnt compatabile with certain computers (i think the BIOS has to do with it).

depending on your motherboard, your BIOS may have an option to tweak your fan settings. it comes in many different names, like "q-fan control" on an asus motherboard and "smart fan control" for an intel one. the downside to this option is that it only controls some fans, which is usually the CPU fan and some other one.

another option is to install an External Fan Controller (for desktops). this option ensures all your fans are controlled however you like. only one thing, its a 'manual' control.
so you need to monitor Hardware temps and set fan speeds accordingly (if you want it silent), OR you can just have it blast on 100% if you dont care about noise and want your computer to be super chilled.
Topic Starter
Yuki kamazaki

LoliFlan wrote:

ok i tried....that but it dont show up