forum

[Archived] Issues with my custom quicksharing app

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
domi1819
I had to re-write this entire thing! I have spent almost an hour writing my first post and it simply gave me a "Go nag acc0unts@ppy.sh instead" message, deleting my entire text. Sorry if something sounds mean but I feel super frustrated now.

I just wanted you to know that. Now that I have calmed down, let's do it, once again. ;)

Also I'm sorry for censoring a few trigger words, but it wouldn't have let me post this otherwise.

Backstory: A few days ago, I've launched my quick sharing platform "^up". It's a puush-like service offering space for files and screenshots, and a fast and easy-to-use client for quick uploads. I also had a couple of people looking for bugs and testing the functionality; 2 of them happen to have osu acc0unts.

So here is the actual problem: 2 days ago, my acc0unt has been re$tric7ed (I never got told why btw) and the testers of my app who have acc0unts aswell told me that the same happened to them. Since I'm not aware of bre4king any rules (and I believe my friends didn't do that either) I'm almost certain that it is the ^up client software that triggers osu's ch34t-detection despite being innocent (which I can prove). As I have already said, all my app does is providing a tiny interface to quickly share files and screenshots. If you want to check the actual app, you can always get the latest version from my homepage (hidden). I also wouldn't mind showing my source if that helpful for resolving this issue.

I've been in contact with acc0unts@ppy.sh. I'm really thankful that they removed the re$trict1ons from my account, but they didn't really provide any help as the answers were copypasta. So now, I'm trying to find help here. It would be great if I could talk to somebody who can help me with this issue.

Thank you!
Domi
Mofu kun
what exactly does your program do to the osu! interface? if it affects it in a way that the anti cheat system thinks is cheating, then it may be restricting them for that.
Topic Starter
domi1819
It doesn't interact with osu at all. It's a standalone app like puush.

Alright, I've been talking to a few people now. The member structure of the dev team is secret so I can't really talk to any of the devs. And regarding the cheat detection / security team, I've been told that not even the mods are allowed to talk with them about security related topics.
drum drum

domi1819 wrote:

The member structure of the dev team is secret so I can't really talk to any of the devs.
https://osu.ppy.sh/g/11

also, there is no such thing as the security team
VeilStar

domi1819 wrote:

The member structure of the dev team is secret so I can't really talk to any of the devs.
https://osu.ppy.sh/g/11

domi1819 wrote:

And regarding the cheat detection / security team, I've been told that not even the mods are allowed to talk with them about security related topics.
Correct. The reasons why should be fairly obvious.

Well. Try to get in contact with peppy himself if you can.
(Mail him? pe@ppy.sh Tweet him? https://twitter.com/ppy)

Or just PM a dev in-game?